Chapter Four: The Infection Worsens

Hey guys make sure to read tell the end for my update stuff! Enjoy the chapter!

<<<>>><<<>>><<<

"Hey Oliver!" I turned around a little annoyed. Of course it was him... "how's your book doing?" He smiled.

It took every muscle in my body to avoid punching him in the face. My book was completely destroyed. Of course I have multiple spares because half of my day consists of drawing random things.

"Look man! I am having a hard time understanding what the hell your problem is with me! What did I do to you!?" He looked genuinely surprised. It didn't last forever though... he walked strait up to me and grabbed my shirt.

I didn't have time to process anything... one minute I felt a sharp pain in my face, the next I was on the ground blood coming from my nose.

When I had regathered myself I looked up. They were gone and replacing them was a boy a little shorter than I was. After looking at him closer I started to remember him.

He was the boy who always sat at the back of the class. I don't think he has many friends or maybe even no friends at all. I'm not one to talk but...

"Don't worry I scared them off!" He said smiling. Either I was in shock or I had broken my jaw but either way I couldn't speak. "I'm Davy, what's your name?" Slowly he held out his hand and helped me to my feet.

"O-Oliver," I managed to spit out.

"Well Oliver, lets get you to the nurse. You should be fine. It was just a punch and he was pretty weak!" If he was considered weak than I really needed to go to the gym.

Davy though... interesting name...

<<<>>><<<>>><<<

My sleep was interrupted by screams coming from outside. Quickly I scrambled to my feet and out of the tent.

"They're coming from this way!" Yelled a voice. 

"They're coming for this way as well!" Said another.

Slowly, my eyes traveled around the campsite. It was utter chaos everywhere I looked. Gun shots were being fired and blood seemed to be covering mostly everything.

"Oliver! Thank god your awake! The infection was spreading quicker than we thought, there's so many and they're coming from everywhere!" Lina ran up to me. Her makeup smeared, she was crying.

Still half awake I couldn't process anything that was happening. "Please someone help! Over here!"

I wanted to help, I really did. Quickly I searched for anything I could find that would aid us in this war. "Lina take this pistol, protect that baby I'm going to get Davy and we're leaving!"

"Leaving?! What about these people?!" She cried. I balled up my fist.

"I know this may sound harsh but Lina I can't stay here... I need to get my friend to safety and once they pass over we'll come back," I say grabbing a small dagger and a random gun that I've never seen  or heard of before.

"Oliver please!" I pushed past her, I was panicked and I probably wasn't thinking strait but I couldn't argue right now.

The medical tent was the large tent in the middle of the campsite. That's where they took Davy last night.

He was resting on some old cushions in the corner. The outcome of the surgery was okay, he looked better than last night but I could tell the infection was spreading quickly. He wouldn't be around much longer..