Chapter Nine: Warning Red

Hi! Hope everyone enjoys the chapter!

<<<>>><<<>>><<<

That night dinner was actually quite enjoyable. We didn't get attacked at all, they must have something that the walkers don't like to keep them away, I should probably ask later.

Everything was relatively normal until Tobias's mom poured this weird liquid into plastic cups and gave one to each of us. "What is this?" I asked giving the cup a little shake. Whatever was inside was very thick and an odd shade of red.

"Oh, it's a special recipe of mine! I don't really have a name for it yet..." She smiled. I looked at Hyun and she looked at me before shrugging and taking a small sip.

Immediately her face scrunched up. She took a few deep breaths and shook it off. "Is there any alcohol products in this?" She asked. Slowly, she set the cup on the ground.

"Of course not dear! Your under age I would never make you drink anything like that!" Her tone of voice didn't seem very convincing.

Not wanting to be rude I decided to try it too. As soon as the liquid touched my tongue there was an immediate reaction. Quickly I threw the cup and ran to the nearest bush I could find. WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?

I wiped my mouth and walked back over to the campfire taking the seat next to Hyun again. "I'm sorry I can't stomach it..." I said. I was to afraid to look at anyone's faces so I just stared at my feet.

Eventually everyone began chatting happily again but I didn't stay to listen to there conversation. I felt very sick after trying whatever the hell that was and I just wanted to lay down.

It feels like the more my mood changes the more I slowly lose my will to exist... I hate feeling so tired all the time and I keep hearing these goddamn voices in my head that just speak gibberish, words I can't decipher...

When I got inside I walked into the room across from Hyun's. I though it would be weird if we slept in the same bed seeing as I only met her a few days ago.

My room was pretty neat looking with a mattress on the floor that had a pillow and an overly large blanket on it. It wasn't much but it was a lot nicer than a sleeping bag.

I sat on the edge of the bed gently and removed all my guns and stuff setting them aside on the floor. Then I slowly removed my sweater and laid it on top of them for no apparent reason.

Now that I was laid down and relaxed it gave me a lot of time to reflect on what has happened so far. I still really miss my parents even though they weren't exactly my favorite at times and Davy... he's probably gone by now. I also wonder if Lina has already forgotten about me, I really hope she has... than maybe if we meet again she'll think of me as a good person.

I went to sleep with a lot of weight on my shoulders...

<<<>>><<<>>><<<

I looked around, nothing but darkness around me... it's like I'm in some weird universe. That's when my eyes focused on the thing in front of me. "Welcome home Oliver!" It said smiling and ushering for me to take a seat by it.

At first I hesitated but eventually walked over and took a seat on a chair that had appeared in front of it. "What do you mean home?" I asked.

"Well Oliver... to be straight with you, I am you!"

"What?" I shifted in the chair.

"I'm more of a hallucination you though, your imagining me I think..." it walked closer to me and put a hand on my shoulder. "I need your help Oliver."

"My help with what exactly?"

"I need you to make a sacrifice!" I looked at it puzzled. A sacrifice? "Okay I'll put this in words more to your understanding... I need YOU to kill someone," it said still smiling.

This is just a dream but dang my mind can think of some odd stuff...

"And why do I have to do this?"

"I need you to do it because it will help you Oliver! I'm trying to help you! Let me help you! Let me in!" That's when I clicked.

"Your the voice I keep hearing! I heard you last night and now it's like your voice keeps echoing in my mind..."

"Yes! And sacrifice is the only way to get rid of me! Just do it! Do it Oliver!"

"No thanks, now how do I get out of here?" I asked standing up and pushing him aside.

"Your not even going to consider my offer?" He drooped down.

"No."

"Fine then but bad luck is going to come from saying no, there is the door," he said pointing to a very cliche looking white door that led to nothing.

"I'm looking forward to it..." I say smiling and walking out of the door. What a guy!

<<<>>><<<>>><<<

When I woke up I felt really good, maybe a little conversation with myself was all I needed. I felt really cold so I slipped my sweater back on and stuck everything I had before back into my belt. Today was going to be a good day!

I knocked gently before entering Hyun's room. She wasn't in there which was really odd... maybe she got up before me today.

The outside air was filled with the sweet smell of bacon. I took a seat on the same log I had sat on last night.

"Good morning kiddo!" Said Victor as he sat next to me. I realized Hyun wasn't here either... weird...

"Morning, have you seen Hyun this morning?" I asked.

"She went into the forest this morning, said she needed some fresh air!" He smiled. That's very unlike Hyun to wonder off by herself, it's dangerous. Maybe I should go after her...

"Don't worry about that girl too much, she's tough! I'm sure she'll be just fine!"

What if what weird hallucination me said was true... what if something happens to Hyun?!

NO! There's not way, I have to stop thinking like this. I'm sure wherever she is she's just fine...

<<<>>><<<>>><<<

Hey everyone!

I have nothing interesting to say right now... I'm so tired it feels like my eyes are going to fall out of my head. I have to go to a funeral in two days so that's going to be fun... T_T

Yeah I'm going to bed now, see y'all in the next chapter...

-Astral Plane_