Chapter Seven: Tobias...

Hey everyone! Hope you enjoy the chapter!

<<<>>><<<>>><<<

"I can help you... let me in..." That voice...

"You need my help don't you Oliver? LET ME IN OLIVER! LET ME IN! LET ME IN!"

<<<>>><<<>>><<<

I sat up quickly, my whole body was shaking more violently than the previous day. It seemed to be early in the morning, Hyun was still sleeping next to me and... that kid was hopefully still in the main area.

Shakily, I got to my feet and stumbled over to the door. Maybe if I ate something it would calm me down a bit. It's like my body is one giant mental disorder... I'm not even sure what's wrong with me at this point, I've been taking these pills that help my body calm down, I think it's for anxiety or ADHD... I don't really pay attention to these kind of things even though I really should. I need them so bad...

The lobby was completely dark and the kid was still sleeping. I should probably learn his name... Overall the whole place was pretty calmed down and quiet, that probably means that there clearing up outside. We should hopefully be able to get out of here by sunrise if we're lucky.

Food was the first priority though. I silently shut the door trying hard not to wake up Hyun and waddled my way over to the reception desk.

After a little bit of searching I finally found a candle and some matches, I think staying here was the right choice. I gently lit the candle which gave off a dim light.

Calmly I sat down by our huge pile of food and began digging around. There was not very many good foods, it was mostly chocolate bars and a few small candies here and there, to sum it up it was pretty much a pile of cavities, great...

I really didn't have time to be picky though, anything was fine. I grabbed a few snacks and grabbed a warm water bottle out of the no longer working fridge. That must mean that the powers out now, dang.

Peacefully I sat up against the wall next to his sleeping bag and began tearing threw the candy bars. Just the thought of food was somehow soothing to me.

Not to long after the kid finally woke up. "Great, my worst nightmare has awoken," I said rolling my eyes. He gave me a nasty look and sat up against the opposite wall.

"Were you watching me sleep?" He asked. I smiled at him devilishly and went back to focusing on my food.

"Oh right!" I blurted out almost choking on a huge piece of chocolate. "I keep forgetting to ask you your name!"

"My name? My name is Tobias! And I already know yours!" He said.

"Why don't I just call you Toby for short?" I really was to lazy to say his super long name so it would probably be better if I just called him Toby.

"Whatever..." I don't know how much longer I can stand this kids attitude.

A few moments of complete and utter silence went by before Hyun finally woke up. Thank goodness... my twitching was starting to become a problem.

"Good morning, both of you!" She said, a bright smile on her face. Now that we were all up we could start packing and get out of here as soon as possible. We had to return Toby back to wherever he came from because we or I guess I don't want him.

"Hyun, we should start packing, our chance to leave is now," I said standing up. Everybody agreed and began gathering things.

I've never been one of those people that's been into shooting guns but I guess I'm going to have to like it now. I slipped a couple small, not loud looking guns into my weapon belt as well as some melee weapons. I grabbed an axe which I would probably use the most as well as a small dagger just in case I need to be quick on my feet.

When I went back to the main area the other two were already packed up as well. Hyun managed to find a backpack which we could use to carry food, water, and other important supplies and Toby found a... very large vest which seemed to weigh him down a lot so if he gets eat alive by zombies it's his fault, fantastic. We were ready to go.

"Oliver, can you press the button and lift the wall?" I nodded and walked over to the control panel stepping over the rotten body on the way. Quickly I pressed the red button and hustled away. Nothing happened...

That's odd... it was supposed to- oh...

"Hyun we have a problem! We don't have power!" They both looked at me like it was my fault but how could it be my fault that the powers out! We are in an apocalypse what do you expect?!

"It's okay, I have another plan," I said pulling out my axe. Hyun grabbed my arm to stop me.

"Are you sure you want to do that? What if there are more out there?" I liked how she was so cautious but we should be fine.

"We'll be fine, even if there are some of those things out there... we can handle them!" I said raising a hand as if we were in some action movie or something. "Sorry..."

I took a step forward swinging the handle of the axe strait into the window. The whole thing shattered leave pointy edges everywhere.

Carefully I reach a hand out and lift the medal garage door type thing a few inches off the ground. After a million seconds of struggling Hyun finally decides to help and we lift it up. That was tiring...

I stepped over the glass first sheepishly holding out a hand to help Hyun out. She took it and stepped over the glass then turned around and lifted Toby out of the building.

Now that we were free I felt like I could breath again, maybe a little fresh air was all I needed.

"Where should we head now?" Asked Hyun.

"We can go back to my camp!" Me and Hyun both turned to look at Toby. He decides now would be a good time to tell us that he was actually with people?

"Toby, if you were with people how did you end here?" She asked kneeling down to speak with him face to face.

"Well, they sent me off on my first mission alone, I just had to find one survivor to bring back and then I would pass! But, I got a little lost and ended up here... I've completed my mission though!" Toby smiled and began to skip off.

"Hey wait up!" Yelled Hyun after him.

I ran after them regretting it very much. When I finally caught up with Hyun I managed to spit out some sort of broken English. "I-I can't believe we fo-follow him?" I took a deep breath. "He just said they sent him off ALONE, I don't believe it..." she gave me a annoyed glance.

"Oliver, I'm trying to give this kid a chance and who knows! We may not regret it." I had promised myself no more fighting and I planned to keep that promise.

"Fine but when I'm right about him I won't hesitate to say I told you so." Then I looked away from her. I really hope this little boy that we were following knew what he was doing, Hyun trusts him so I guess I do too...

<<<>>><<<>>><<<

Hey everyone!

Sorry that this chapter wasn't very interesting... the next two chapters are going to be kind of intense so I thought we might as well have a relatively calm chapter before some stuff happens.

ALSO THANKS FOR 100 READS!!!

I've been on WATTPAD for a year now and I've written a few books here and there but I always would feel like they aren't good enough and delete them. This is the highest amount of reads I've ever gotten and it inspires me to keep writing. It may not seem like a lot to some people but it is to me so THANK YOU!!

I hope everyone is exited for the next chapter!