Chapter Twelve: Rescuer

Hey Guys! Hope you enjoy this chapter! Its been about a week since I've updated last so I wanted to make another part as soon as possible. There will be more info at the end of the chapter!

<<<>>><<<>>><<<>>><<<

After I was pushed down what felt like a rabbit hole I felt my consciousness drifting away. That was at least until I got shook have to death. "Oliver? Oliver!" Said a voice that gave me a sense of relief. Hyun was still alive which meant that there was hope but I had no idea how we were supposed to escape now. She helped me to my feet and then squeezed me, almost killing me yet again. I hugged her back, her silk like black hair brushing against my chest.

"Sorry to interrupt your reunion but in case you haven't noticed we're still going to die if we don't think of something quickly." Now that on the other hand was a voice that I did not expect to hear. I looked at him, his face serious, his expression stiff. "Long time no see, Oliver."

"J-Jonas!?" I said, my heart loudly skipping a beat. "What- How- I'm going to be h-honest... I kind of was hoping you were dead..."  Hyun frowned kicking me in the shin. As much as I wanted to laugh this was no laughing matter. "Ouch."

"No it's fine, I'll be honest with you too, I also thought you were dead... I mean toughness is not one of your specialties," He said. A very unsettling smirk plastered on his face. Jonas was very much testing my patience which I have very little of at the moment. "Anyways, art boy I would like you to meet my little sister. This is Jenny, my twin." He reached behind him and pulled out a very tall girl. She looked like any other popular brat. In fact, she oddly reminded me of Lina.

"Well, now that we all know each other what's the plan for getting out?" Said Hyun rushing to get in between me and Jonas. We stood there in silence for a few moments eyeing each other before I finally decided to tell them.

"Well, I had thought that I was just betrayed by Tobias but I think he is coming back to help us." Everyone turned to look at me. I was a sweaty and now shaking again mess, I needed to sit down.

"So then what are we supposed to do while we wait? We have to be ready, nobody knows when they're planning on releasing those things to come tear out our flesh and eat our insides." Now everyone turned their attention over to poor little Jenny who was the most brutal person I have ever seen.

I couldn't stand the thought of dying. I've never been one to fear death but I am definitely fearing it now. "One moment," I said quietly. Then, I stumbled over to the corner farthest away from the zombie cage and sunk to the floor. I didn't know what was happening but it felt like someone had just dropped a weight on my lungs.

"Are you okay?" Said Jonas as he gracefully sat next to me.

"I'm not sure..." I replied.

"What's up?"

"Well Jonas there are a lot of things that are up right now but from experience I-" I put my hand on my chest. "I think I'm having a panic attack!" My breathing became heavier and faster. I looked down at the ground.

Hyun came running over and put a hand on my face. "Tobias!" She screamed into the empty void above, there was no reply. "Okay, Oliver... everything is going to be fine just breath. Breath!" I began feeling dizzy, was I really about to pass out again. "Alright well than you leave me no choice. Everyone look the other way please..."

There was a split second where I felt nothing before feeling everything. Hyun leaned closer to my face and with a little hesitation she pressed her lips against mine. I didn't know what was happening and my whole body froze up. "Hyun, why-"

"Ever since I was a kid I've always wanted to be a medic, someone who heals people. I took a couple classes on the side and in one of them we learned how to stop panic attacks and stuff like that. One of the ways was to... get the patient to think about something else, to distract them."

"So you... thank you." I buried my head in my hands trying to hide my red face from everyone who was looking at us.

"Hey guys! I'm going to get you out... just relax I've stalled them for now," Said Tobias. I took a deep breath. We were finally going to get out.

<<<>>><<<>>><<<>>><<<

A few moments later we heard his footsteps echo above us and the end of a rope hit the ground. "Your going to have to climb up! It's safe I promise!"

Jonas shrugged and began climbing up the rope, his sister not far behind him. Hyun ran over to the rope but she paused. "Oliver, you coming?" She asked turning her full attention to me.

"I'm not to sure about this... I'm not exactly friends with heights." Hyun smiled sweetly which made my heart skip a few more beats.

"Why don't you go first, I'll be right behind you to make sure you don't fall. It will be okay!" I sighed and hopped onto the rope. I wasn't very strong but I found climbing the rope surprisingly easy, at least at the beginning. By the time we reached to the top I felt like my arms were going to fall off.

"We're free!" Said Jenny, her voice full of excitement.

"That's great but what exactly do we do now?" Jonas said.

This was a good question... what do we do now?

<<<>>><<<>>><<<>>><<<

Hey everyone again!

So I have something that is very exciting that I would like to announce. Before I say it though I would just like everyone to know that this is exciting IN MY OPINION!

But anyway, I've decided to start writing on my computer instead of my phone because it's a lot easier to edit and I was looking at the stats for the book and I realized that APOCALYPTIC IS IN THE TOP 100 FOR END OF THE WORLD. Now it's only 98th place but just the thought of being top 100 in something is enough to make me scream.

I have also began planning for Breaking Point which some of you may have read the additional info page for it. It's going to be a really good book as well I can feel it!

Anyways, I'm going to post this chapter now so I'll see you guys in the next chapter! Peace Out!

-Astral Plane-