Chapter Eleven: Full of Surprises

Hey hope you guys enjoy the chapter!!

<<<>>><<<>>><<<

The idea was to keep the plan short, sweet, and simple. Nothing more and nothing less. Getting the keys was not the part I was stressing about though... it was what we were going to do once we got inside. The whole time I was sitting in the corner thinking to myself I began to notice that Tobias had been getting quieter and quieter. What if we can't trust him? Maybe he is just trying to lure me down there to meet the same fate Hyun is about to if we don't get her out. I guess now is the time to see if I really can trust him.

As time flew by I began to get anxious, I wasn't sure what we were waiting for but Toby was refusing to leave. At this point I was thinking of just going by myself, we were running out of time and I began to feel the same way I felt when we tried to save Davy. Like Hyun's life was hanging by a thread and I was the only one who could catch it.

"I'm leaving now," I said. My anxiety was getting the best of me now.

"You can't! Just wait a little longer, please!" He jumped up. His face was stiff and he seemed serious but the question was... about what? I don't get why he would want us to stay and wait here when we have someone's life on the line.

I couldn't stand to argue with him, my brain was already scrambled and my heart was racing faster than it ever has before. He was still standing in the same position and staring at me. This was ridiculous...

Shaking my head I turned around and headed out of the tent. It was time to execute the plan but- I heard footsteps running up behind me. "If your going I am to," Said Tobias. I smiled as I began to feel his presence by my side. "Distract your mother I'll work on getting the keys."

And so we began... I approached his dad and sat next to him by the fire. His face seemed sad as he looked into the crackling flames. It made me feel kind of heartless to do this. "Excuse me?" I said. "The bathroom in our cabin has stopped working... I think it's clogged. Could we- could I use yours."

He turned his sad face to me and smiled weakly. "I know what you kids are up to..." He looked back at the campfire. My heart was beating out of my chest, confusion flooded over me.

"Wha- how?" I was speechless or maybe I just simply had nothing to say.

"Don't worry, I won't tell Georgia. I don't want to drink that stuff anymore... last night I felt something on my arm and when I rolled my sleeve up..." He shakily reached his hand over and pulled his sleeve up. "I found this."

Victors skin was pale and rotten. It was bubbled up and oozing but I couldn't figure out what was coming out. All I know is that it wasn't good..

"I think that the blood is starting to turn me into one of those monsters, I'm going to give you the key and you need to get your friend and get out... please take good care of my son, he deserves a better life." Was this guy really giving up! I always made him out to be a bad person but maybe his life is just miserable...

"You can't give up! Are you kidding me?! We'll find you a medic, someone to heal you!" I jumped to my feet. He was still savable.

"I'm sorry kiddo but... my fight is over." One small tear rolled down his face but he wiped it away.

Victor dropped the keys into my hand and walked away. We will be back for him soon. I looked over at Toby who was waiting by the cabin door, his hands in the pockets of his hoodie and his expression stiff as if he was in deep thought.

"I need to talk to you later.." I said as I passed him, unlocked the door, and went inside.

Tobias shut the door behind us and walked to my side. "Where should we start-" When I turned to look at him I swear I felt my heart skip a beat.

Toby was standing at an alert position, both of his shaky hands pointing a gun at my head. I put my hands up in the air and took a few steps back. "What are you doing?" I asked. We should have never trusted him after we found out he shot that police officer.

"Oliver, I don't want to hurt you but I will if you don't listen to me. Any minute now my mother is going to be bursting threw that door and demanding I shoot you. Now the only way to avoid this is if you get down there with Hyun!" He lowered his voice. "I'll be back for all of you." Then without hesitation he pushed me and I began falling... falling into nothingness.

<<<>>><<<>>><<<

There is no announcement for this chapter...

The chapter for today was edited quickly so I apologize for any spelling or grammar mistakes.

Thank you.