⊰2⊱

💫

Cormac Arin...

Okay...time to take my medication.

I don't say another word, sidestepping around him as he asks, "What are you doing?" Again, I ignore the imaginary character I've somehow brought to life this time that I'm the only one who can see. No wonder I've been classified and diagnosed with schizophrenia...

"I'm not done with you," Cormac snaps, and I release a small yelp, his hand covering my mouth a second later. I'm breathing hard, my back pressed against the wall just under the shelf where my medication bottle rests. My eyes are wide, staring up at him as I struggle against his hold...though it hardly does anything.

This is getting bad...

...my hallucinations are hurting me.

Cormac draws his lips close to my ear before he states, "I want to know everything you know." I shake my head against his hand, feeling the weight compress slightly harder before my muscles become lax. He arches a brow and continues, "If you don't want to tell me, I'll just take your blood memories and sort out what I need to from there."

My mind is just...fuck...

...I've already been told that talking to these hallucinations only makes them and be more dangerous, so I just want him to go away.

Go away...

Just...go away...

"What on Earth are you doing?" My mother questions me, my eyelids snapping open as I take in everything around me. I'm shaking on the floor, my arms wrapped around the top of my knees as I try very hard to steady my breathing and my erratic heartbeat.

"I-I..."

Mother strides toward me before stopping abruptly. She looks me over and releases a sigh, "You didn't take your medication, now did you?"

"I just..." it doesn't matter though, my excuses reflecting the poor choice I've made, and my mind is the one to pay for it.

Mother reaches up on top of the shelf, taking the pill bottle before handing it to me. She asks, "Do I need to stand here and make sure you take it?"

"N-No," I shake my head, not wanting what had just happened to occur again. She turns on her heels, my gaze following as I see Edith lingering in the hallway. Her eyes are filled with curiosity, watching me for a moment before she follows mother down the stairs.

I inhale and exhale, gradually getting to my feet before walking into the conjoined bathroom that I share with Edith. I fill the glass near my sink, taking my medication without a second thought. Time's nearly standing still though, feeling as though I'm walking through a haze...

I'm aware of sitting at the dining room table, hearing Edith and mother chat back and forth about something or another. My mind is gone though...recalling the reason for how I've come to be like this.

I was born on Samhain...where'd I'd always been a quiet child who loved being read to and have a vivid imagination and many imaginary friends. I was horrified the first time I was read Little Red Riding Hood by my dad and ran away to the woods.

I was four at the time, and it was the first time I 'met' a character from a story. As I grew, I never outgrew my 'friends' spending time with them and my books and not socializing.

By the time I was eight, doctors had decided and convinced my parents that I wasn't normal in a conversation I overheard. I ran away, and I was in 'an accident' and severely injured. I told them all that I was attacked by a monster and my imaginary wolf friend saved me...