⊰46⊱

💫

"Perhaps when this is all over, I'll be able to either visit Etain if the Mercy Matrons allow it or give her the option of visiting whenever she wants with my pack," Dante speaks, cutting through the torrent winds that whip through the mountains.

He wants to change and be there for family in a safer environment...

...she could easily have been killed if she'd remained behind.

"I think that's a good plan," I glance at him as he comes to halt beside me, the two of us returning our gaze to overlooking the cliff face. Castle Valentine is clear from here, the view of the whole grounds is breathtaking.

He's unaware of my father's presence as of the moment, but with time, Tansy eventually leaves and joins the Mercy Matrons...although, I don't know how that future will bode now that Grandpa Sebby remembers everything. His presence alone is life changing, altering in a way that my own can't compare to. He very well might move his pack to Castle Valentine grounds once the council falls...

I don't know what to make of this potential change, whether it's good or bad, we'll have to wait for time to play out. I can't micromanage every event or plan for the outcome of an altered fate...but I can watch and maneuver the way I interact with my surroundings as it becomes clear what the new outcome is.

My blood alone...

"Sebastian has a change of clothes for me at the encampment," Dante breaks the silence between us, my gaze drifting back to meet with his, "I'll need to remove Laisha's blood and scent before returning to my post and position of fifth council member before the Starlight Dance tonight."

"You do realize now that Marc cannot be the Alpha that is captured in The Hunt by Rose?" I arch a brow, wondering how much of the plan they have set in motion is the same as before and what has altered that Rose is unaware of for the sake of her blood memories.

Dante chuckles before confirming what is going through my mind, "Ah, yes...the four of us share a dark secret and we'll have to proceed with extra caution, now won't we?"

"Do you want to inform Cormac when you arrive or should I?" He needs to be aware and inform others while I give the update at the encampment...

...though I find myself torn, not wanting to return this soon to be met with continued scrutiny.

Dante shakes his head, "Considering you'd only have the option of a mirror to communicate with him, I think it's best if I take the chance on site to notify him of what happened. I can offer greater details," he pauses as I look away, though it is more out of habit than actual disappointment at a chance to communicate with Grandpa. Dante does not understand this and asks, "Did you have another idea?"

"Oh, no," I return my gaze quickly and tell him, "you are entirely right. I just lost focus for a moment..." I release a sigh and state, "...why don't you go on ahead to the encampment? I think I need to clear my head longer."

"I don't have to be back for a few hours, do you want company?" His offer is enticing, his demeanor gradually changing with time.

Though I need to be on my own right now, so I reply, "I appreciate the offer," I give him a half-hearted smile, "but I need to be alone right now."

"I understand," Dante acknowledges me, taking a moment to breathe out before he steps off the top of the cliff. He sails downward, my gaze leaving his form as I return it once more to stare out at Castle Valentine. I take a seat with my legs over the edge, admiring the lineage and the line that brought me into this world.

Is it selfish of me to want everyone who knew me to recover their memories?

Though at the same time...