⊰23⊱

💫  

"A friend, huh?" Dante speaks, chuckling as he releases a sigh.

I turn to him and snap, "What are you insinuating?"

"Oh, don't mind me...I enjoy observing others...people watching if you will," Dante takes a few steps away from me, walking further into the room.

"Dot," Grandpa Sebby squeezes what I assume is Marc's thigh, rising to his feet as he smiles, "it's good to see you." He walks past Grandpa and Rose, winking at me and saying, "You're definitely an oracle...I never expected to be blessed with happening upon all my mates at once and you're right about Cormac," he pauses and glances to Grandpa, "he's not like the rest of the council."

Dante chuckles, "I'd hope not...considering he's a hybrid's mate."

"Sebastian?"

Grandpa Sebby turns and motions for him, saying, "Dot, this is Marc Regan-"

"Alpha," Marc cuts him off and sighs.

"Still on about that, aren't you?" Grandpa Sebby arches a brow and ruffles Marc's hair like a five-year-old. I snort a laugh, looking anywhere but at the scene before me, Grandpa Sebby telling him, "How do we speak nicely?"

Marc manages to push Grandpa Sebby off, growling at him once before turning his attention fully on me. His eyes hold mine, my heart beating fast as part of me just wants to rush and hug him, unsure that what I'm seeing will hold to the reality of this world. He introduces himself, "I'm sorry...I'm Marc Regan, Alpha of the Imperial Stars Pack."

"Dot," I smile, watching the way his features soften as the seconds pass by.

"You look damn amazing for a woman who just gave birth to a pup-" Marc is cut off by Grandpa Sebby cuffing him up the back of the head. Marc snarls with eyes wide open, "WHAT?! It's a compliment!"

"She's a hybrid, you assume the child is of werewolf heritage?" Grandpa Sebby arches a brow, quickly putting Marc in his place.

Grandpa takes a few steps forward and says, "Kev didn't tell us...what is the-"

"No," I hold up a hand and Grandpa stops moving.

Rose furrows her brows and looks to Grandpa, asking, "Cormac?"

So, Rose is up on the know as well, understanding that I'm not a human breeder...

Everyone glances at each other awkwardly...that is until Dante clears his throat and says, "I think these two friends need to have a more private conversation," he pauses when Rose, Marc and Uncle Sebby look to him before looking to one another. Without a single word spoken, their intimate communication just adding on to the isolation that continues to build on every platform I try to gain footing on, they leave the room. Dante is the last to leave, taking with him the handle of the sliding door at the archway, sliding it closed before silence remains.

Grandpa breathes out and says, "Dot, I-"

"No," I glare at him, shaking my head, "No...this isn't about how I feel toward anyone else that's part of your precious life..." I take a step back when he reaches out to me, swallowing the knot forming at the edge of my throat.

"I'm so-"

"How many times did you apologize to Rose? Hm?" I glare through blurry eyes, my vision clouding with tears, "How many times?!"

"Non-"

"LAST TIME!" I snarl loudly, my pupils shifting to a golden hue as my wolf comes forward. For the first time in a long time, I'm ready to give way to her and peel away my skin.