⊰20⊱

I've added a new goal that's a Patron goal!
If I reach 200 Patrons a month, I will update Tempted Fate three times a week on Patreon and twice a week on Wattpad.

💫

Grandpa grows silent for a moment, glancing from Tresor and then landing his gaze on me. His hands draw into fists, anger surging through him that he keeps at bay, breathing out, "Fine," he nods at Tresor and then returns his gaze to me, "...if you want him to say, then so be it. I want you to understand that I am extremely sorry for the way things are turning out regarding your presence and the connections...the ties you hold to those who do not understand who you are-"

"Thanks," I glance away, gripping the fabric harder as a pain sears through my abdomen, my breathing becoming uneven.

"-however," Grandpa's tone alters at my apparent interruption, my gaze lifting as he says, "there is a point when your attitude walks the line of a childish response."

"Grandpa, I-"

He shakes his head, "Dot, I can't even begin to imagine how you feel as I've said before, but you cannot hold onto this as a form of resentment toward others. This in itself could very well damage the future in a way that is not intended," he pauses, his eyes holding mine as I feel the bridge of my nose sting, "you're a smart and resourceful girl, one that deserves more credit than received for the obstacles you face. Promise me...you won't out-act accordingly to things that should not be tampered with."

He's referring to Rose...

...at least, that's what I assume.

Perhaps I do act childish, not being able to be with family that's slowly growing closer all around me...but as he said, he can't begin to comprehend the weight I feel. If he doesn't want me to respond childishly...

...then I won't show him how else I feel and bury it away. It's obviously impacting any changes he wishes to take place, that my emotions shouldn't be something I act on and allow to steer me in the wrong direction. Perhaps he's right in that regard, after all, Rose never changed and it led to her untimely death.

I don't want something to happen to me because of the way I feel.

I'm not supposed to be here, so I have to remain impartial as I originally had felt the moment I found myself here with Grandpa. It might hurt, but I have Uncle Kev...

...Tresor.

In them, I can confide, but at the same time, I don't want Uncle Kev to accidentally say something to Grandpa as he's not always on point and might slip up.

I know Grandpa genuinely loves and cares for me...but it's his past we're living in. Regardless of what the future holds, if we can't bind ties and right fate, that future will cease to exist or worse...something unintentional could be the result of an undesirable outcome.

Either way, I'm the only factor that is different.

It's my fault should something go wrong.

I need to grasp onto who I am...

...before they consume me before a split can happen as Tresor said. At least one very vital piece of information surfaced through this outburst...Tresor now adheres to my command, an interesting turn of events from our very first encounter. After all, he didn't understand who I am and neither did I, his speculation limited by the clues perceived.

"Dot-"

"I promise," I release the fabric, but it's only for a split second because I cry out as pain ripples through my abdomen once again.