Easter Special - 2019

A couple of weeks before Dot's birthday and Aeon's attack - original timeline

💫

"Dot?"

Stop poking me...

"Dot?"

...raising your voice does nothing!

"DOT?!"

"Edith...please, I stayed up too late and drank too-" ah fuck...my eyelids snap open as I see Edith staring at me from the side of my bed. She has her chin cutely placed on the covers while staring at me with her bright eyes, bringing her finger back from poking my face.

Her eyes are wide open as she asks me, "You were drinking? Drinking what? Apple juice, milk, soda...blood?"

"Don't worry about it," I hide the thought of last night...

...I was careful, even if the condom broke.

What are the chances?

Eh...

"Dot?"

"Yes?" I ask, lifting onto my side as she stares at me.

"I don't think the Easter Bunny came last night," Edith's disappointment is clear, her features dropping the moment she says this.

Furrowing my brows, I ask, "What makes you think that?"

"I haven't been able to find any eggs in the castle," Edith glances from side to side, nervously looking about.

I giggle as Daddy Taron figured this out last year when Edith had already collected all the eggs by the time we got up...they must have hidden them outside so she couldn't be as sneaky.

"It's not funny!" Edith nearly cries, rubbing her eyes.

"No, no, it's not," I reassure her, sitting up and immediately regretting how fast I move.

I drank...a lot.

"I don't get any eggs!" Edith cries now, and I grasp my forehead at the high pitch screech that comes from her.

"Shh!" I finally motion to her and she hiccups her sobs, growing silent except for the occasional one that slips. Slowly getting up from my bed, I head toward the bathroom...though Edith immediately zips all around me and beats me to it, turning on the light. I see a white light...yelling, "Fuck!"

"Ohhhhh...you said a bad word..." Edith gasps and looks up at me while her little fingers are still touching the light switch.

I kneel and grasp the sides of Edith's face and squish it, telling her while she laughs, "I love you, but you irritate me soooooo much sometimes."

"Awe, you love me," she sticks her tongue out and I laugh, pulling her into a hug.

"Yes, now go get dressed and let's figure out where Mr. Bunny hid your eggs," I wink at her, watching as she excitedly runs from the bathroom. Once she's out of earshot, I groan, taking my time getting ready before having to start the day. Cleaning myself of his scent, I scrub for a while, fear of judgment from my family creeping in on me...plus, my breath smells horribly of alcohol. Brushing my teeth and nearly gagging on my toothbrush to get as much of the odor off my tongue, I'm ready to head out...half-way decent and presentable.

Shaking my head, I walk back into my bedroom, slipping my boots on before heading to the door. I'm a whole five seconds outside in the hallway before I nearly scream at the top of my lungs. A dark chuckle meets my ears and arms wrap around my waist as Keith tells me, "I didn't think you'd be up this early after last night."