⊰25⊱

💫

I stand before the vacant plot of land, the once large expansive estate that belonged to my Great Grandma, Lady Asteria Arin, Grandpa burned it to the ground. There is much that mother told me, wanting to keep memories and stories alive so that I wouldn't ever feel like I was lied to when I grow up. Being kept in the dark is like being held under water, drowning without awareness of when you will inevitably flicker out.

With so much deceit that runs in my family...

...mother wanted a better connection to what it means to be in a family. I see now, that I owe her and my father everything.

What happens though...when I end this place hidden under the magic of the fallen stars?

Mother will never have needed to be here...there won't be a here to exist. Will I need to let Grandpa know, to at the very least tell her of what happened?

If she doesn't know...

...I don't know.

Does this change the knowledge I hold in my era?

My arms rise, and I grasp the sides of my head, wincing as I fall to my knees. Each time I think of what will happen to me...it's like the foreboding dread that fills the hearts of mortals when they contemplate the inevitable maker, they all must face...death. Death is something we don't fear...or at least, not that we think of often enough.

My breathing is uneven, calming and steadying it along with my heartbeat.

Don't fixate on the future...

Slowly, I allow my hands to fall away from my head.

Don't dwell on the past...

Rising to my feet, I allow a calmness to steady my racing mind, reminding myself of what my father said in my teachings...

...think about the here and now with the knowledge, you already hold to shape the way you perceive everything, regardless of era.

I walk forward, halting when I feel the energy that surrounds the aura of this forsaken place. Kirsten had Grandpa bury the stars from a winter solstice many years ago, acting as a beacon for them to communicate...

...a gateway.

This very well could be the thinnest place in the veil, creating a rift in time and space to go beyond the veil and leave the earthen plane. Though, I don't believe that Grandpa was aware at the time, that this gateway began to manifest...how else could the new estate that Abigail had built be shrouded by magic?

Unless...

...there's more to her...

I reach my arm out in front of me, the palm facing downward. A quick spark and pull crack the Earth, a knife rocketing upward, the hilt snapping into my hand like a magnet. My fingers wrap around the hilt, feeling the energy that manifests everywhere. Next, a bag lifts from the ground, my free hand waving in front of my face before the bag separates from the contents it holds. Enough fallen stars to suffice Grandpa's coven hover in the air, the exact ones that tainted Daddy Taron from what mother said.

These could be useful.

I quickly cut the palm of my hand, the blood never hitting the ground as purplish wisps encircle around the open wound. They carry the blood, staining each of the fallen stars while I watch them illuminate from their dull state into one of brilliance. After the last one is stained, I wave my hand once more and the fallen stars return to the bag, sealing off with a tie. My palm heals, sliding the dagger down the side of my right boot while I stash the stars into the inner pocket of my trench coat.