Goodnight Luke (Alexis' POV)

Chapter 10:  Goodnight Luke (ALEXIS POV)

ALEXIS' POV!

I shut the front door after Luke left. I can't freaking believe I went on a date with THE Luke Daniels. Number one hottest, most available guy, at Eastwood High. My life cannot get any better at this moment. That moment when I kissed him on my doorstep, I felt fireworks shoot through my bloodstream!

"I wish we could've stayed out longer." Luke says to me when we were walking together up to my front door.

"Me too. My dad wouldn't have been happy if I was out too long. Like he probably mentioned, I'm his only biological daughter of 4 kids. So he has a right to be protective. Just wish it was a little less though."

As we approach my door, he turns around and faces me. I can so feel the awkwardness coming. I didn't want to kiss him, did I? I couldn't it’s the first date. I mean I know he likes me and all but...

"What are you thinking there?" He asked after a few minutes.

"Huh? What do you mean?" I asked.

"You looked like you were so deep in thought. I just wanted to know what you were thinking. That’s all." He says shyly.

"Oh…I was...just...um...” I stutter. I can't possibly tell him I was debating whether or not to kiss him. That would be like humiliating.

"What? Tell me. I actually wanna know." Why does that sound like he cares? Here goes nothing.

"I was...uh…debating whether to kiss you or not." I got quieter as the words came out.

He looked a little shocked. "Really?"

I blushed slightly, "Ya. Sorry if I made it awkward."

"No it's okay. Because I was just thinking the same-"

I didn't let him finish his sentence. I kissed him. On the lips, and just quickly. I didn't want it full make out because if my dad or younger brother passed by the window, I'd never live this down.

I pulled back, and shyly said. "I'll see you tomorrow Luke. I had a great time, I really enjoyed myself. Good-" This time, he cut me off and kissed me again. I felt his arms snake loosely around my waist. I put my arms around his neck. Where was I supposed to put them? I wasn't going to let them just hang their. I could feel his tongue lick my bottom lip. I debated whether or not to let him in. Ah hell, I open my mouth as his tongue plunged inside mine as they intertwined and explored. I could almost taste the strawberry smoothie on his taste buds. Sparks were flying through my body and with every move his hands made he left a burning path across my skin.

He pulled away; both are breaths mixing and hot. His was as ragged and uneven as mine as we both stood facing each other. We waited for the other to make the first move as we calmed our beating hearts and tried to start breathing halfway normally again.

"Wow." Was all he said. In those three letters I knew he felt those sparks just as I did.

"Yeah." I breathed in and out a few times before continuing, "I'll see you tomorrow Luke. I really did have a good time. Thank you again, for everything."

"You’re welcome Alexis."

"Bye Luke." I said as I opened the door and turned around to close it. He was starting to walk off now.

So here I stand, leaning on my front door, and still trying to recover.  I head up to the room I share with my adoptive sister. My sister is sweet! I love her to death. She's my age and even goes to school with me. Were best friends. But barely anyone knows, since she looks like my mom, so no one really asks.

My sister is sitting on her bed with textbooks and papers all over it. She looks up when she sees me walk through the door frame, "Hey! How'd it go?"

I tell her it all. How we talked so easily at the Cafe, to our little kiss on the porch. But I left out the second one; that was my own personal memory of this night.

"That's so sweet!" She cooed.

"I know!"

"I guess now I should probably tell you."

"Tell me what?" I ponder.

"Me and Luke are lab partners in Science, and I told him he could come over tomorrow...” She trails off.

My sister, Sasha Colts, is lab partners with Luke? Oh no.....