Unexpected News

Chapter 14: Unexpected News

Today's the day.

The first thought I had as soon as I woke up on Friday morning. After school, I’m taking Alexis to a place no one else knows about. That secret place I promised her she would love. I know she will because it's just like her- quiet and beautiful.

~Alexis POV~ (after school)

 "So where do you think he's taking you?" Sasha asks.

I just finished telling her the minor details that Luke was taking me somewhere today, and I had no idea where that was going to be. "I don't know Sasha. He could so do the total dinner, movie, home cliché, or so something so totally different. I really have no idea."

"I can tell you he so isn't the type to follow clichés '. On that note, do you know what to wear?"

"How do you know he's not that type? And no, he hasn't told me anything."

"I don't. I just do. And you need to text him and ask him."

So with that I texted Luke for a few minor details so I could dress right.

wat am i wearin 2nite? -Me

casual and somewat comfy.  -Luke

ok. dress or shorts  -Me

as long as u look pretty, idc <3   -Luke

okay. see u l8r then bye luke

bye princess

 "Alexis!" My dad yells from downstairs. Great,

"What dad?!" I scream back.

"Can you come downstairs?"

"Coming." I say as I walk out my room and down the stairs. Once at the bottom I see mom, dad, and Sasha all sitting in the living room, with sadness written all over their faces. Well this can’t be good, though. When did Sasha even leave? I never even noticed... "What is it?"

"Are you going out with Luke later?" Mom asks.

"Yeah. I already told you that. Is something wrong?" Concern lined my voice now. Sasha looked like she'd go into tears any moment and dad was trying to hold on to sanity, but slowly loosing that fight. Mom looked sad too, but not as.

"Alexis, you need to postpone your date." Mom said.

"Why's that?"

"Alexis, grandma died." Sasha says bursting into tears.

I looked between mom, dad, and Sasha.  Sasha was bawling into dad’s shoulder. He was trying to comfort her without breaking into tears as well. One more look at them, and I collapsed right to the ground. Next thing I know I’m surrounded by blackness and my families voices getting quieter and quieter.

~Luke POV~

"Luke?" Mrs. Walker asked. She called me, and I have no idea why, but I can tell it’s definitely not good. Her voice is laced with concern, and worry.

"Yes. Whats wrong Mrs. Walker? Is everyone okay?" I ask,

"No. It's Alexis. You need to come over right now. She'll need you when she gains consciousness."

As soon as I heard her name, I was already out the door. "What happened Mrs. Walker? I'll be there in about 10 minutes."

"She passed out after Sasha told her that her grandma died."

"Oh, I'm sorry. I'll be right over."

***

"She's in her room Luke," Mr. Daniels said to me as I walk through the door. I got here in like 7 minutes. I sped through every light and stop sign -or so it felt like it at least. I just had to get to Alexis; she was passed out and in shock. I wanted - no needed - to be there when she got up. I just find it weird that her parents called me and told me she passed out. Why would they call me? I had only gone on one date with her. We weren't even officially together yet-this made no sense.

But then again, I should be grateful. Her parents actually called me! Out of all the people Alexis knows - her parents called me! They called me to the one she sees when she wakes up, and of course, I was happy to be here.

I got up the stairs and sat on her bed. She lay there sleeping peacefully. I know she isn't sleeping, but close enough. She was lying on her side, her back facing the wall. I took my chance- I gently navigated myself between her and the wall. I moved her arm slightly so I could wrap mine around her small and fragile waist. I laid my head on the pillow and inhaled. She must have some type of lotion that smells like vanilla... I closed my eyes and slept- with my arms around her and I never planned on letting go.