Tutors

Chapter 12: Tutors

"You-you do?" I ask. Okay, now I'm officially scared of how this is going to spin out. Sasha knows about my damn website, so Alexis must. Right? But she didn't seem like she did yesterday. I mean she gave no hint of it at least.

"Yeah, I do. Everyone knows except..."She trails off.

"Except Alexis?" I finish.

"Maybe. Luke, are you really going to do this? Cuz if you are I might as well tell you to forget it right now. I will not stand by and watch my sister get hurt by some man-whore who only wants to get in a girls pants for some website! Got that?" Sasha says.

"Sasha, can I tell you something?" I ask shyly.

"Go on."

"Sasha, I'm not doing this just to get in Alexis pants. I want to get to know her. I want to know her hopes and dreams. About her wishes and desires. I feel drawn to her and I don't know why. I don't plan on hurting her. I was just going to give up the website and go after her. I don't even want anything to do with it. I only want Alexis, and no one else." I state.

Sasha eyes me, "Luke, I just want you to know two things."

"Go on."

"One, you treat her wrong in any way, and your dead. Two, just be there for her. If you really love her, you'll care about her feelings. I'm not saying therapist, but around those lines. You will have to be there for her, through her bad days -and trust me; she'll have those- but also her good days. Do that and you'll survive."

"Got it. So do you have any ideas on how to get her to like me?"

"Oh trust me Luke. She already does..."

***

"So Luke, do you have plans to go to college?" Mr. Walker asks.

We're sitting at the dinner table, with Mr. and Mrs. Walker on the ends, me and Alexis sitting next to each other, and Sasha in front of me. "No sir, I don't actually. I wasn't really planning on going."

I could tell he was less than pleased that I wasn't going to college. I mean I would, but I don't have the grades or the money. And I may be a good athlete, but I haven't exactly gotten a call from every university. Well, none for that matter.

"If you don't mind my asking, Luke, why not?" Mrs. Walker asked. Her voice seemed curious.

"I don't exactly have any money. As well as good grades either. I play sports but no college has offered me a scholarship. So college is out of the question for me. And with school over in a few more months I really don't have that much time anyways to get my grades up to good standards." Honesty is the best policy. Honesty is the best policy. I keep telling myself that, because if I eventually want to get involved with Alexis her dad will already know about me.

Mr. and Mrs. Walker were silent for a few minutes. "Luke, if you wouldn't mind my suggesting, but I think I could get a way to help you get your grades up. If you’re up for it, that is." Mr. Walker said.

"What is it sir?" I'm kind of curious. Why would he want to help me?

"We could have Sasha and Alexis help you."

Sasha and Alexis mouths dropped to the floor. I would laugh, but didn't. They picked their mouths off the floor and exchanged a knowing glance. I saw Alexis smile, and Sasha smirk. What are they planning?

"We'll do it." They say in unison. Huh?

"Oh that's wonderful girls! Luke, you could get back on track with these too. Both are on honor roll, and Alexis gets Straight A's. Sasha isn't far behind."

"Well, thank you. But you really don't have to. I mean I'll be just fine."

"Nonsense. You'll be doing well by studying with me and Sasha." Alexis says. It’s the only the second time she's spoken throughout the whole dinner.

"If you say so. I'd be honored to have such wonderful tutors." I say giving Alexis a smile. I see her dad eyeing me as I look at his daughter. Too bad for him. He'll have to deal with me soon enough anyways.

"Good. They aren't doing anything tomorrow, so you could come over then."

"Actually Mrs. Walker, I needed to come over anyway. Sasha and I are science partners for a project."

"Oh, well that's even better." She replied.

After dinner I went to get my stuff from the girls’ room. "I'll be right back; I have to go get my school work." I said as I jogged up the stairs.

"I'll come too." I heard Alexis say. That's odd.

I walk in and turn around right when Alexis enters.

"So I guess I'll be seeing you a lot this week huh?" She says.

"I guess you will. Alexis?"

"Yeah?"

"Would you like to go out again? I had a really good time the other day."

"I would love to Luke." She came over to me. "But where would we go?"

"Anywhere you want to Princess." I say.

"Well, I don't kn- Wait. Princess?"

"Yeah, what about it?" I ask.

"I've never had a nickname. Well a nice one anyways. I like it. Especially from you." She gives me a shy smile.

Did she just make the first move? Oh I hope she did! "That's good to know, because from now on, that's what I'm going to call you. So where did you want to go?"

"I don't know. Surprise me." She says seductively.

"That I will Princess. That I will."

And with that, I kissed her.