Sleepover? What Is She Thinking?

Chapter 15: Sleepover? What Is She Thinking?

Luke's POV

When I woke up I was still where I fell asleep at. What time is it? I ask myself. I see outside her window that it's dark, and there's no trace of the sun left. It has to be at least 9. I wonder why her parents let me be up here for so long. Ah, who cares? I got to snuggle the most amazing girl for hours on end.

"Luke?" I heard Alexis whisper.

"Hey, Alexis. How are you feeling?" I ask.

"I'm okay. My head hurts a little, but I'll live." She turns around in my arm so she's face to face with me. "What are you doing here?" She asks.

"After you fainted your mom called. She wanted me to come over so I could be here when you woke up." I reply quietly.

"Really?" A look of bewilderment is all over her face. I wonder what she's thinking since she keeps looking between my eyes and my lips. Hmmmm.

"Yeah. I don't know why, but I wasn't going to question it since it just meant I could be here."

She smiled at my comment.

I sound like some helpless romantic. What has she done to me? Luke Daniels isn't a helpless romantic.

"That's sweet of you. I'm glad you’re here too." She glanced at my lips again.

Then there was an awkward silence. Should I kiss her? She keeps looking at my lips. What the heck. I bring my head down just a bit and gently press my lips on hers. Her soft pink lips move with mine. She brings her hands up to my chest. Just when I'm thinking she's going to wrap them around my neck, she pushes on my chest. I follow her hands until she has pushed me down so I lay with my back on her mattress. She’s straddling me. What is she doing? I'm okay with this, but I didn't think she would be. She basically is just screaming I want you! to me. I mean I want her too, but I have a plan for that when it comes.

She pulls back. Her hard, ragged uneven breath mixing with mine. She's staring so intently into my eyes as I am into hers. I can see that her eyes are filled with love and lust. Mine no doubt express those as well, along with a bit of confusion. "Sorry...I...I just I don't know what came over me."

"It's okay. I like it." I whisper as I try to even my breathing. "But I also have plans for this." A smirk comes across my face.

"Plans? For what?" She asks.

"Oh don't worry about it. It's a bit in the future." She gives me a small glare. "So are you up for a date tomorrow since tonights didn't exactly happen?"

"I'd love that. I guess we should go tell my parents we're awake huh?"

"I guess. But I still prefer cuddling."

She laughs. "I don't mind it either. But we should. C'mon Luke" She says getting off me and tugging on my arm.

I smile and get up. We walk down the stairs to her living room. Sasha and her parents are sitting there on the couch. Sasha with a tissue box on her lap. Alexis stops dead in her tracks and I rush up behind her in case she faints again. The realization he Grandmother has died must have hit her again. But lucky for her, she stays conscious. 

"Alexis, you're up." Her father states.

"Uh, yeah." She remains motionless.

I put my hand on the small of her back and gently eased her to an open couch. She followed and sat next to me.

"How are you feeling Alexis?" Her mother asks. Her hand rests in her husband’s who's eyes look red and clouded with grief for his deceased mother. I can't help but feel sorry for them all. She was obviously a much loved woman by her son’s family.

"My head hurts a little, but other than that I'm okay." She whispers. I can hear the grief lining her voice. I put my arm around her and that triggers the tears. I turn her around so her head is on my chest as she cries into it. I can't help but feel sorry for her. She shouldn't need to go through this. At least she has a family that loves her, and I'll be there for her during this too. Since on our date tomorrow I plan to hopefully make us official.

"I'm sorry Luke. I know your date was tonight, but we just found out about it this morning. We could’ve waited but we wanted her to know and...and" Her father starts rambling.

"Mr. Walker, it's okay. I understand, but I do want to ask something." I just hope it's not a bit too soon for them.

"Alright. What is it?" He responds.

"I would like to take her out tomorrow though. If that's okay with you." Alexis is still crying into my chest but seems to have calmed a bit.

He looks at me. I can see he's thinking about it; I just hope he says yes. "Where do you plan on going?" He says.

"Well sir, in all honesty I was going to take her some place special to me."

"Special? How?"

"It is special to me for many reasons, but I assure you she will be taken care of with me there." I say.

"Are you sure about this? It seems awfully strange." At least he's being honest I think.

"I promise you she will be perfectly safe. You have my word, sir." I assure him.

"Alright. I'll let her go if she's up for it. When do you want to pick her up?"

"I can pick her up whenever. I'm free all day tomorrow."

"Umm, I'm not sure."

I put my hands on Alexis' face. I lift her sweet face, which is now wet with her tears, up to match mine. "When would you like me to pick you up tomorrow Alexis?" I whisper in her face.

She takes part of my shirt in her hands, leans down, and wipes the remaining tears from her face. "How about 4?" She says.

"That's perfectly fine with me, Princess." What she does next blew me away.

She leans her head up and kisses me! She kisses me in front of her parents and Sasha. I kissed her back though. I kissed her with everything left in me. I have no idea how long our lips were together because I didn't care. She made me feel all warm and cozy, so I wasn't going to break it off. But she did. We're staring into each other’s eyes, when I think her father clears his throat. We look around and everyone is staring. Alexis's face gets a little red after she realizes what she just did.

"Uh...” She's speechless.

I whisper right in her ear, "Do you want me to leave?" Just loud enough so only she can hear. She shakes her head. "Then what are we going to do Princess?" I reply in the same manner.

She thinks for a minute. "Hey Dad?"

What the hell is she doing? I ask myself. There’s not much else we can do- it's 10 o'clock on a Saturday.

"Yes Alexis?" He asks.

"Can Luke...um spend the night?" WHAT!?!? Did she seriously just ask that?!

"And why would he need to do that?" Her mother asks.

She tries to think of a response. "Uhh..."

"I think it'd be fun." Sasha speaks for the first time since me and Alexis came down. Everyone turns to her. "What? It'd just be a sleepover."

"But where's he gonna sleep? Our couch isn't big enough for him." Her father points out.

Sasha responds for me and Alexis. "He can sleep on Alexis' bed. And Alexis will bunk in mine. Mine's big enough for both of us. And I'm a light sleeper too, so I'll hear everything." Sasha emphasized the word 'everything' and I wanted to laugh. I knew what she meant too.

Mr. Walker thinks it over. He glances at Sasha, then at me and Alexis. "Alright, but Sasha- you better sleep really lightly tonight." A small smile spreads across his face.

Did Mr. Walker just allow me, Luke Daniels, to sleepover at his daughter’s house?

Or have I gone mad?