Preperation

Chapter 16: Preparation

Luke's POV   

"Alexis?"

"Yes Luke?" she replies.

"Why...why did you ask for me to sleepover?" We were sitting in her room after we decided to "turn in early"- or so Alexis told her parents. I mean I know I used to be a player and one night stands were my life but, usually the girls I did sleep with were either sluts or desperate. And Alexis is neither, so I asked her.

"Honestly?" She says. She walks over, abandoning her closet in search of pj's for us, to where I sit on her bed.

I chuckle. "Yep."

"I wanted you to comfort me. I feel much better in your arms than anyone else’s. And if I needed comfort again, I had you here." She says sitting down next to me. I lay back so were flat on the bed and her head is resting on my chest.

"Well, I’ll comfort you whenever you need it." I'm smiling.

She smiles. Her response is just nuzzling closer to me. If that’s possible anyways.

After a few minutes she asks, “are we going on our date tomorrow then?"

"Yes we are. And I'm not telling you where either." I smirk.

She frowns, and I let out a small laugh at her face. "Why not? You know I don't like surprises!" She whines.

"Oh I know. But I don't want to ruin it." I say kissing the top of her head.

"Fine." She pouts. "You win this one, too"

"Don't pout Princess. I love your smile much more." I tilt her head up and I look into her blue eyes, she smiles in return and I kiss her.  Kiss her with all the love I have for her. 

We pull apart, but our foreheads still touch. "How did I get so lucky?" I ask her.

"I don't know. Maybe I should be the one asking that." She playfully retorts.

"Alright. Go find us some pj's Princess." I say pulling us both us.

She gets up, "Yes, my Prince. Anything else?" She asks.

She's facing her closet, so I walk up behind her. I place my hands around her waist from behind, and put my mouth right by her ear, "Just a kiss" I whisper.

I feel her shiver, "I think that can be arranged." She whispers back.

"Then show me."

***

I feel Alexis stir. "Alexis?" I whisper in her ear.

"Hmm,.," She replies nestling closer to me.

"It's time to get up." I say back.

"5...more...minutes...Luke." She replies still groggy. Her voice is still raspy from the hours of sleep.

"No, Princess I think you need to get up now...We have our second date tonight and I want you to look gorgeous."

She turns over so her face is facing mine. Her beautiful eyes open to reveal her blue-gray, eyes- which I could probably look at forever. She groans a little. “Fine, I'll get up." But she remains still.

I move my hands from around her and tickle her. She shrieks as she's taken by surprise. But after about ten seconds she starts giggling and laughing. "Okay! Okay! I'm up, I'm up!"

I stop. She looks at me, her smile a mile wide, and her cheeks rosy from her laughter. Her straight white teeth show as she can't stop smiling. I'm smiling back at her just as wide. "Good, because I want you to go get ready. I have much to do today and am already behind schedule. And by the looks of the time, so are you." I say.

"Is that so? What time is it?" She asks.

"It's already past 10."

"What!? I am behind schedule." She starts to try and untangle herself from the sheets, but I hold her tight around her waist bringing her small frame right up against my large one. "Luke, let me go! I have to get ready!" She tries to wiggle from my grasp, but after a while she stops struggling since I'm much stronger.

"I think I need something from you first." I say.

"And what would that be? I need to get going." She says.

"Oh...I think you know exactly what I want, Princess." I smirk at her.

She stares at me, and then I realize my sentence kind of has 2 meanings, oops. I kiss her just as she's about to speak. I don't know how long it was, but I don't care. Instantly she responds, and puts her arms around my neck.

I'm not sure who pulled back first, but I think it was a tie. She looks at me with a sly smile on her face. I know that look. On any girl it means they have a plan coming up next..."So what did you want again, Luke?"

"Uhh...uhh...nothing Princess." I stammer. I pull a fake smile, though I can feel the awkwardness in it.

A glint of amusement sparks in Alexis' eyes. "Yeah...whatever you say Luke." She gets up, and heads to her door. "You better get going to Luke. You need to look just as good." She winks, and leaves. Twenty seconds later I hear the bathroom door close, and the shower start to run.

I take of the way to small Track t-shirt Alexis gave me, and lay it on her bed. I grab my actual shirt from yesterday, and pants. Slip both on, and leave her room. After goodbyes to her parents and promises to be back soon, I leave the Walker household.

***

"Finished." I say as I sigh heavily. I look around at all my hard work. I've been at my special place for a few hours now getting it ready for Alexis. I want everything to be perfect, so I did it all myself. I pack up the last few things remaining around, and look at my handy work. 

I leave in my car and go home for a much needed shower. As well as to get ready for our date tonight.

I can't wait to see Alexis's face as she sees all I've done. She'll be so surprised, and hopefully I'll leave my most favorite place a happy man...