༺Chapter 10༻

"I'm sorry that dinner was so bland guys. It's all I could really make last minute for a group of six," Aiko confesses after Ashiya and Maou collected the empty bowls and chopsticks. The black haired male had volunteered in her place to clean up, which she saw as very thoughtful.

That is until the girl noticed the two have a very quiet, in depth conversation while they did the dishes. Urushihara seemed to have noticed as well, which didn't settle the anxiousness forming a pit in Aiko's stomach.

To rid herself of that feeling, she stands up from her spot on the floor and starts heading to her bedroom.

"I'm not sure if I have enough blankets for everyone,"

"I can help you look Ms. Aiko!" Chiho jumps up from the couch and skips toward her.

"I can help out too," Emi adds, as she too makes her way over to the bedroom.

"Thanks guys," Aiko giggles at them as they all enter the room. Emi helps the bluenette rummage through her closet whilst Chiho checks under the bed.

"Aw, damn, I was right, I don't have enough," the two girls were only able to find a quilt and two fleece blankets.

"I found an old sheet," Chiho calls as she crawls out from under the bed.

"We can give that to Urushihara," Emi states uncaringly, making Aiko sigh in disappointment.

"We are still one short though,"

"Two of us will have to share the quilt then,"

The three girls gathered the blankets and took two pillows off Aiko's bed.

"Hey Ms. Aiko, is that a Daruma doll?" The strawberry blonde inquires as she points to the round, red object resting on the nightstand.

"Oh, yeah it is actually,"

"What's a Daruma doll?" Emi questions.

"It's a traditional Japanese doll modeled after the founder of the Zen tradition of Buddhism. When purchased, the figure's eyes are both blank white. The user then selects a goal or wish and paints in one of the figure's two eyes. Once the desired goal or wish is achieved, the second eye is filled in!" The younger girl explains.

"Oh that's neat. So what is your goal or wish Aiko?" Emi requests.

"I can't say out loud! Then it won't happen!" She giggles, "Come on, lets get the living room ready for bed. Then we can all watch that movie Chi wants to see,"

"Yay!" Said female cheers, running out of the room. Her friends following close behind.

After moving the dining table and pulling out the futon, everyone had all come to an agreement on sleeping arrangements. Emi and Chiho were to share the futon, and quilt, whilst all the guys slept on the floor. Maou and Ashiya getting the fleece blankets, and of course Urushihara getting the old sheet. Which of course Aiko felt guilty for.

As everyone settled down, Aiko hooked up her laptop to her tv and played the movie Chiho recommended. It seemed to be some kind of Romantic Comedy.

After hitting play, the girl quickly crawled over to Hara and sat down beside him. The opening title then appeared on the screen.

Aiko rolls over in her bed, grabbing her phone and checking the time.

12:06 am

"Ugh," she groans. The girl has been trying to fall asleep for the past two hours.