Chapter 32

the start of a war

◇◇◇

June was rolling around and so was the last task and the end of the year. Everyone was bustling around the school, talking to the foreign students and laughing with each other. Aster stood underneath the tree in the courtyard with Fred and George talking about the shop. "Will you be able to get the supplies for the Disappearing Ink Balls?" Fred asked, trying out the name he made up.

"Balls? I was thinking Disappearing Reappearing Ink," Aster suggested, "I made an adjustment that it does, well," Aster threw the ball at a few students. The ink exploded, but they didn't notice, however, as the ink disappeared after a minute then reappeared a different colour. Once one of the students realized that there was something on them, they panicked and tried wiping off the ink, only to have it spread onto their arm.

"Brilliant," they smiled as they watched the ink disappear after another minute.

◇◇◇

The gap in front of them looked creepy and eerie. It seemed to Aster that Cedric and Harry needed more than luck this time. As they entered, the bush closed behind them as a cool breeze was sent through.

It was what felt like hours. The breeze came and gone and there was still the wait for Harry and Cedric to come back from the maze. Fluer and Victor sat with their respective schools, all waiting anxiously for the two to come back. Then, the moment everyone was waiting for came, but not how some wished.

There was a crowd of people around the two boys who sat on the ground. Aster turned her head to get a better view and as someone in the group moved a bit she saw what had happened. She caught a quick glance at Harry stooping over Cedric's body, she saw Cedric's eyes stoned open.

"Oh my," she gasped, turning to Fred, he wrapped an arm around her and stared down at the boys. "Oh my god," she repeated, burying her face further into his sweater. It was a minute later before she heard a man cry, Cedric's father. Then the younger student beside her crippled down into his seat. "Lance," Aster managed to say before crying again, she bent down and held him in her arms.

Harry's cries warned them, and some thought he was fibbing, however, Aster knew the truth: Lord Voldemort is back.

◇◇◇

Dear Harry, I hope the Dursleys are treating you well, you know, if they are giving you trouble, I will come over and help out, even if it means I somehow get there and bring you here to the Weasleys. I also heard you were on a diet because of Dudley so I added some nice treats. Hopefully, Pig will be able to carry it.

Much care, Aster

Thank you, Aster, the Dursleys are giving me less than Dudley, if that's even possible. Do you know anything that's happening, Ron and Hermione haven't been replying recently and I have a lot of questions. Do you know anything that's happening? It's quite lonely here, I hope we see each other soon.

Harry

Harry, I heard what happened with the Dementors and all I can say to you is to stay there, people will become to get you. When you come here I promise to tell you everything I know and can tell you. Stay at the Dursleys, please. Oh, and Happy Birthday, Harry.

Aster

"Wolfy," Aster called from the top of the stairs, "don't be alarmed, I may have accidentally eaten the last chocolate."