Chapter 4

“You shouldn’t even be alive.” Teddy hissed his eyes flashing red.

  “Shit!” I screamed sitting up straight, clutching my chest trying to regulate my breathing. I glanced over at the clock and my eyes nearly popped out of my head, it was almost six! “Shit!” I muttered over and over again as I changed into too big of clothes. My sweater I was wearing looked like a dress on me and I quickly tied it back. “ow.” I rubbed my head, stupid ceiling. My jeans rubbed up against my upper thigh and I hissed in pain, remind me again why I dipped the razors in silver. To make it hurt and God did it. I grabbed my bag and hurried down the stairs, as quietly as possible.

  Once I made it to the kitchen I looked up at the clock and it read 6:03. I quickly started the oven and grabbed three large bowls, mixing the batter for the muffins. I’m so thankful for the already made mix it saved so much time, time I didn’t have in the first place. After I placed the first three batches of muffins in I put the dishes from yesterday away and by the time I was finished with that the muffins were done. I set all of them on a plate and placed them on the table, starting anothing three batches.

  I finished all the food and already half of them were gone. I sighed in relief as I saw everyone leaving for school or work. I cleaned the pans and bowls quickly before making lunch for the Adults and children who didn’t go to school. I ran up the stairs and into Percy and Claire’s room. “Come on school-” I smiled but it was instantly wiped off my face as I took in the scene in front of me. Percy was standing in front of Claire protectively as Wes stalked towards them. I grabbed Wes by the shoulder pulling him away from them, “What the hell are you doing?”

   “I was trying to get to know my siblings but they won’t let me near them.” He sighed defeated, he looked pained for a second and my heart ached at the sight before I remembered what he said yesterday.

   “Well don’t.” I told him glaring as I took their hands, “Go pick out your clothes for school.” I said and they ran into the closet. Percy looked back at me and I smiled, “I’ll be fine. Hurry up.” He nodded and went to change.

   “Don’t tell me what to do.” He glared as his jaw clenched.

  “I won’t but if I see you ever talking or touching them without their permission, I won’t hesitate to hurt you.” I told him even though the thought of hurting him killed me, I would do it to protect Percy and Claire, besides he didn’t even want me.

  He growled furiously and I flinched, almost instantly Percy was by my side. Wes looked at me and his face soften before slamming the door. I sighed, I didn’t think Wes would hurt me but that didn’t mean I wasn’t scared of him.

“Are you okay?” Percy asked looking up at me.

“I’m fine.” I smiled at him, “ready for school?”

“Ginny!” Claire screamed running to me, “you saved us.” She ran into my arms.

“You’re fine.” I laughed, “Okay breakfast.” I told them carrying Claire down the stairs Percy walking in front of me but not too far away. I handed them the two muffins I saved for them and they smiled thanking me.

   “Eat them on the way or we’re going to be late.” I called after the two ran out of the kitchen. I laughed packing their lunches slipping in a small treat for them, “Here you go.” I handed a lunch to each and they ran out of the house laughing. I caught up to them in no time and we joked our way to the elementary school.

“Bye Ginny!” Claire waved running into the school doors.

“Ginny?” Percy asked standing right next to me, I jumped in surprise and smiled.

  “You scared me Perc, what’s up?”

  He smiled, “Are you going to be alright at school?” He asked worriedly.

   “I’ll be fine don’t worry. Now go on or you’ll be late.” I ruffed up his hair.

  “Ginny.” He rolled his eyes but smiled taking off into the school.

   I watched as he went into the school before I walked to the high school. The walk was long and boring but it did give me time to think clearly without distractions, so the five minute walk turned into a twenty minute walk. I sighed pushing opening the door, the bell rang loudly telling me I missed the first half of first period basically telling me that the teachers locked the door so they didn’t have to be interrupted. “Great.” I muttered rolling my eyes making my way over to library where I would spend the rest of first period.

  I got out a laptop from the cart and logged on to my online classes. I finished two and a half of my classes when I felt a tap on my shoulder. “Hey Ginny. Were you late?” Trey laughed.

  “Hi, uh yeah I was.” I nodded going back to my work. I saw from the corner of my eye him pulling out the chair next to me.

  “What are you doing?” He asked looking over at my screen.

  “Nothing.” I told him logging out and shutting my computer. I put it back on the cart crossing out my name and making my way over to him. “uh, I should get to class.”

  He looked at me his eyes shifting to my arms. “I need to talk to you.” My hands shook picking up a book I used but I couldn’t quite get it off the table. “please let me help you.” He told me placing his hands over mine. His warm fingers gripped my cold ones and I pulled my hands from his, turning away from him. “Why? Why do you do it?”

I looked up at him my eyes glossy from my unleashed tears. I shook my head, “Trey.” My voice cracked and he pulled me into his chest. His warm body was radiating heat around me and I tried to blink my tears away but I was unsuccessful.

  “It’s okay.” He whispered in my ear over and over again. It felt so nice to be comforted, to be cared for. “I’ll help you. You’re going to be fine.” He cooed.

The door to the library slammed and I looked up just in time to see Wes making his way over to us with a look that showed he was ready to murder.

******************************************************

Thank you, thank you so much for reading! I love your comment like really it drives me crazy and my family keeps staring at me weirdly because I can't keep the smile off my face!

Hope you like this one as well nothing really happened but I had to stop there..:)