Chapter 11

Once he was gone, I dropped to my knees clutching my stomach that was writhing in pain. I wanted to scream out but I covered my mouth with one of my hands, sobbing quietly as to not wake Percy and Claire, I couldn’t let them see me like this.

  After several minutes of crying, I sucked in my upper lip and stood up with shaky legs as I quickly flew across my room, packing. I was leaving, finally. I had one bag packed with everything basically in my room. I hurried down the stairs pushing past the people as they were making their way outside to the pack meeting and into a new room. I packed two bags and left them by the door before going back up to my room.

  “Percy?” I whispered shaking him lightly to wake him up.

  He sprung up frighten, looking around and then at me, “Ginny? What’s wrong?”

  “Come on I’ll explain later but for now get up and help with the bags.” I smiled while he stared at me, confusion written across his poor face.

  “I don’t understand..” He tried.

  “It’s alright Percy, you’ll help right?” I asked picking up Claire from the bed. Percy looked around the room and then from me to Claire before nodding his head. “Good now go to your room and get the two bags in there, I’ll meet you downstairs.” His eyes widen and I could feel the wave of nervousness that rolled off him. “It’ll be alright, swear everyone’s out back for a pack meeting that's why we need to go now.” He nodded again and took off down the stairs. I grabbed my bag off my bed and made my way after him.

I grabbed keys off the counter and rushed out the door. I unlocked the doors quickly, placing Claire in the back as Percy rushed out of the house the two bags in tow and for the first time I saw him genuinely smile. My heart soared with happiness at the look on his face making this leaving a little easier. Even though I was happy to give Percy the smile that was on his face, I was devastated inside, and just as suddenly as I was happy my heart ached in pain. My stomach dropped and my wolf whimpered helplessly as we watched for the one person who could make us stay. But he never came.

   I climbed into the car while Percy strapped in, in the back. I sighed backing out of the parking spot and gunning it forward as we made our way away from here. Tears were rolling down my face, I wanted to turn around and run back to Wes, waiting for him to accept me but with one look in my rear view mirror and seeing Percy’s eyes closed with a smile on his face I knew I was doing the right thing, for the three of us.

  I pulled over hours later, Claire was awake and as free as ever. It was they were new people, they didn’t look over their shoulders in fear, they didn’t have a care in the world, like a child should. I was glad I could at least give them something normal. I looked up at the motel that was in front of us, it was a little rundown but it do for one night. I pulled out my money my parents so generously left me before they died and payed for a room.

Percy and Claire ran around the room, jumping from bed to bed laughing maniacally. I smiled at them, I could do this if I just focused on how happy they were.

“Alright you two,” I laughed grabbing them around the waist as they prepared to jump beds, “Do you want to go to bed or go swimming?” I asked noticing their eyes drop but then lit up with excitement.

   “Swimming!” They shouted together and I laughed.

  “I thought so,” I set them down and handed them the two swimsuits they had, “Here change and we’ll go.” They nodded happily, Percy was the first one to the bathroom making Claire pout in disappointment. “Come here ClaireBear I’ll help you.”

  “Okay.” She smiled running over to me. I’ve never seen them like this, if I knew it would have this effect on them I would have left way earlier but I always thought they’d be devastated, taking them away from the one place and family they knew, but I guess we were and always will be a family.

  After helping Claire into her swimsuit Percy came out with a grin on his face. “Ready?” I asked.

“Ready.” Percy nodded taking Claire’s hand as I opened the door. They ran down the hall and I behind laughing with them.

  They swam for two hours before I could pull them away from the water to eat. I ordered a pizza and we ate it on the bed in our room while watching a movie on Tv. Around ten we fell asleep, and all I could think was even with how the day started, this was the best day I’ve had since the day of my parents incident and I couldn’t wait for a lifetime of this.

*******************************

Not as long as some of my other chapters, but I liked this regardless...:)

Thanks for Reading, Voting, Commenting and Fanning!