Chapter 5

“Ginny.” Wes growled and I flinched from his tone causing Trey to grip me tighter which only made Wes growl more, so we basically got nowhere.

   “Do you know this guy?” Trey asked never taking his eyes off Wes.

   I nodded into his chest, “Y-yeah.” Trey’s grip loosened on me. Wes, who was watching carefully, saw this and forcefully grabbed my arm pulling me to him. His grip around my wrists started hurting and I struggled to free myself without drawing attention but he thought I was trying to get away from him so he just held me tighter. “Wes...i-it hurts.” I told him tears spilling over my eyelids.

  “Shit!” He hissed instantly letting me go. I cradled my wrist in my hand, great he broke it. “Are you okay?”

    “I’m fine.” I glared at him, holding my arm to my chest I picked up my bag and left the library. I was heading to my second period class when I felt him following me. “Leave me alone.” I whispered low enough for him to hear, yet quite not so loud that humans could hear.

  “Please. I need to know you’re okay.” he told me and I stopped. His arms wrapped around my waist pulling me into a janitors closet. My body tingled and he jumped away from me like I burned him. I looked to the ground trying desperately to keep the tears at bay and the hurt off my face. He grabbed my arm gently and inspected it, “I’m sorry. I-I must have lost control.” He shook his head in anger and disappointment.

   I pulled my arm away from his fingers as they brushed over my wrists heading dangerously up my arm where my scars were. “I’ve had worse.” I mumbled but I knew he heard.

    “You what?” he growled pushing me up against the wall. I closed my eyes tightly and turned my head away from him instinctively he growled again making me flinch. I heard him sigh and his body was gone from mine. I peeked through my eyelashes and he looked down at the floor hurt and anger the most prominent emotions on his face. “I won’t hurt you ever again.” he told me his eyes locking with mine.

   I nodded slowly and pulled away from his stare. “I have to get to class.” I told him.

  He caught my arm and I almost hissed in pain as his fingers curled over a cut, “Did you mean it?” he asked worriedly, “When you said you’ve had worse.”  I nodded not trusting my voice and his grip tightened.

  “Ow.” I whined and he didn’t touch me again but held me there with his eyes.

“Who did it? Who’s hurting you?”

“I-I don’t see how-” I shook my head, what if he found out it was his dad? Or the whole pack?

“Just tell me.” he pleaded his blue eyes piercing mine.

“Me.” I whispered looking away from him.

He stared at me in shock, “Y-you hurt yourself.” I nodded my head. “You’re sick!” he screamed in my face tears overflowing.

“Wes...” I cried stepping closer to him, I wanted him to be like Trey. I wanted him to wrap me in his arms and tell me he would help me, that everything was going to be alright but of course, he didn’t.

“I got a fucking outcast as a mate,” a stab to the heart, “you killed your own parents.” another stab. “You’re a psycho, you need to go to the fucking mental hospital.” He killed me. I had hoped he’d eventually want me, but after this... I don’t want him and he sure as hell doesn’t want me. “The pack will overthrow me in a heartbeat if I accepted your ass.” He growled shaking his head. I can’t hear this anymore. I get it I’m not good enough. I pushed open the door  fresh tears flowing down my cheeks. I kept my head down not watching where I was going, I was heading out of the school when I ran into someone.