Chapter 12

Wes POV**

Everything was fine, perfect even. I was most popular at my Alpha school, but not in the cocky jerk way but in the friendly, caring way. Hard to believe? Yeah maybe considering how I basically rejected my mate. I made lots of friends at the school, some from packs that were almost as powerful as mine, they were my best friends and when we were together we were a force to be reckoned with. In which case we were allis so we had respect for each other but that all went out the window when I found out Ginny was my mate, the help.

She wasn’t always the help, truly she was loved by everyone in the entire pack but they were blinded by hatred after the vicious rogue attacks, she caused the most loved people, aside from my parents, to be killed. I remember that day perfectly. I was playing in the living room with some of the kids from the pack that lived here when my dad came down the stairs cursing loudly before flying out the door. I remember watching my dad shift and dart into the trees, this sinking feeling grew in the pit of my stomach. Something was wrong, I could feel it, I was also terrified and I couldn’t quite place why. When my dad came back he had Ginny in his arms, cradling her away from me making me cringed in fear. Was she dead? For some reason I couldn’t stand that thought.

Teddy came up to me, tears in his eyes he whispered, “They’re dead.”

“Dead?” I glanced behind me as my dad brought Ginny into the house, why was I worried about her? Sure she could be hurt but I felt more than that. “Even Ginny?” My throat closed and I felt my heart breaking in my chest. What is going on?

“No not her.” He shook his head, “She’s just....hurt.” He said emotionlessly. I felt my heart ease at that and I patted his back.

“Wes! Teddy!” My mother called frantically from the door, her face covered in tears. “Come inside now.”

We nodded and I followed after Teddy. I looked into the forest, my newly wolf growled and wanted to jump into the forest and hunt. Hunt the ones who hurt her. “Wes.” My mother cried pulling me into the house. I shook my head clearing my thoughts, why was I thinking that?

********

I got sent away shortly after the attack, but I noticed how everybody treated Ginny after we buried her parents. She did most of the work around the house and got beaten down, metaphorically of course, even though they were angry at her I knew they would never hit her. I felt sad for her really no one would talk to her. But sometimes  late at night I slipped out of my bed and helped her out. We never spoke a word to each other but she always gave me a small smile to show her thanks and I always returned it. I liked easing her pain, even if it was just for a little bit for some reason I liked it, hanging out with her.

One night I heard her sniffling as I made my way down the stairs, my heart breaking at the sound. We weren’t close before the attack, she was just Teddy’s younger sister but now I thought of her all the time and I realized I liked her, alot. She was sitting in the middle of the kitchen her knees pulled up to her chest, her head in her hands rocking back and forth. “Ginny?” I whispered going over to her. “Are you alright?”

She froze but nodded slightly. She was so tense it was scary, “Are you sure?” I asked placing a hand on her shoulder, she stiffened more before relaxing under my touch. I sat down next to her wrapping my arm around her shoulder and used the other one to lift up her chin. Her face was covered in tears and I sucked in a breath at the growing bruise on her face. “What happened?” I growled out, I was pissed. I wanted to jump on something, I wanted to make somebody pay.