Chapter 18

Wes’s POV

    I didn’t care in that moment as I stared down at her, dried blood tangled in her hair as I ran with her in my arms, that my chest was screaming in pain and my legs wanted to give out beneath me but I couldn’t. She was much too important and the fact that her breathing was growing shallow only had me pushing through the pain to go even faster. Please don’t die Ginny, I chanted in my head, as I tried to go faster.

“Stay with me baby, please.” I cooed in her ear desperately. We were at least ten minutes from the pack doctor, who was waiting for our arrival. “Gin, you can fight this. You’re strong come on, don’t leave me I need you.” Tears ran down my cheeks as her heart rate decreased slowly while mine picked up in double time. This can’t be happening! Not her. Not my Ginny.

Finally I thought when the familiar house came into view, lights lighting up every room. “Help!” I yelled and about two dozen people flooded from the back doors, looks of horrors on their faces.

  “Alpha..” A woman gasped.

“Open the door.” I told her quickly worry clear in my tone. She did as I asked without question and I ran into the room where the doctor had things set up. I gently placed her on the table and kissed her forehead as the doctor rushed around the room. “You need to leave.” He told me as hooked her up to a machine.

   Is he crazy? I’m not leaving her, not ever. Teddy came in after me and looked at the doctor, “I’m here.”

“Good, Good. Begin with the dosages.” he pointed to the counters with needles and stuff. “and get him out.”

“Come on man, you can see her after.” Teddy pushed me out.

  “NO! Teddy, I need to be with her! Please!” I nearly lost my mind.

  “You can’t watch what we're doing to her. You’ll kill us for ‘hurting’ her. We’re trying to help just relax.” I knew he was right but that didn’t mean I liked it, I didn’t like it one bit.  I nodded and sighed helplessly as I walked out of the door but that was as far as I willing to go. I leaned against the door once I heard the click on the other side. I rolled my eyes, as if that could keep me out.

  It was ten minutes of me waiting. Ten minutes of me nervously going over the last thing I said to her.  The last thing she said to me. ‘Wes!’ Her voice rang in my ears. And then I really heard her voice, her screaming in pain. “Shit.” I growled pounding on the door loudly. They’re hurting her! My wolf screamed in my head. Her screams became deafening so much more than I would have ever imagined as it rang over and over in my head. This going to haunt me forever! I tried the door again but it wouldn’t budge. “let me in.” I growled to them.

  “Calm her down. Calm him down.” I heard the doctor shout over her screams. Someone grabbed my arms tightly pulling me out of the house and away from Ginny. No! I can’t leave her. She needs me. She’s counting on me to protect her and I’m failing by letting Teddy and the doctor hurt her. Once I was outside and the breeze flew around me I could finally think clearly. They were helping her, I remind myself. I stopped struggling and let the person lead me away from the house.

  “You alright dude?” Blaze asked me finally letting me go once we were far enough away from the house I could think clearly but not too far away that I couldn’t keep an eye out for danger. I nodded slightly not taking my eyes of the house. I hope she’s alright and by all that screaming I hope that that means she going to make it through this.