Chapter Fifteen [Part 1/5]: Bargain

-Rin Takeichi-

The overhead screen in a pompous office room, high up in Trinity, started to play footage to itself. A bloody fisted, black suited rich man stood up, stiff. A rumble of fear and anger in the back of his throat.

Immanuel Garner nursed a fat lip he'd taken willingly. Andersen's reaction to being told he'd been blind this whole time, but not having any proof of it. An insult and the knee-jerk reaction was to lash out.

So I kept my distance, held up towards the back corner of the ceiling, arms and legs keeping me up in a crouch, stretching my wounds. Making them cry at me. My arms were shaking, but I just took another deep breath and held myself there whilst Andersen's eyes flicked from the image of Mead and I at Ides of March last night, its time and date stamp and then up into the corner at me.

"What is this? How did you..." He pulled a gun out from his holster.

"Air vent, elevator shaft, more air vents." I answered, dropping from where I'd been holding myself like a monkey. Both feeling the relief of not straining my shoulder wound, and the impact of the floor knocking the one in my abdomen.

"Garner," The order was clear, despite the fact it was one word.

Young Garner drew a katana at his side and stepped forward. "I'm sorry Rin," he mouthed carefully.

"Before the two of you get carried away, I'm not here to hurt anyone. In fact, I'm here to help this place. God forbid." I rolled my eyes, running a finger along the edge of Andersen's desk. "You see that footage?"

Garner stared at it, watching the moment Mead's hand punctured my side, we both winced. "It's from last night." He said aloud.

"What of it." Andersen hissed.

"I have some things to tell you. Afterwards, you may thank me. But, there's a price, you let me go free." I sat down on the corner of his desk, watching his face go bright red as he became flustered.

"What makes you think you're in any position to bargain with anyone?" His knuckles had gone white about his gun.

I allowed myself a smile. "After you've heard what I have to say, you'll owe me that much. Perhaps more, but I won't push it." An eyebrow lifted, I waited to see the storm in his expression calm.

"Very well." He put his gun away and crossed his arms. "Stand down Garner, but keep an eye on her."