Chapter 11

I couldn't help but love it the instant I walked up to it. My cabin was next to Hecate's cabin. Hecate's cabin was large and resembled a tower of sorts. My cabin was large and made of packed dirt and stone. There was a waterfall roaring down the side of it. When it reached the bottom, it splattered on the grass and disappeared. The powerful water kept flowing. I had to lean back slightly to see the top of the cabin. There was a large oak door with golden knobs shaped like a G.

I walked inside. Each wall had a very large, clean window. The ground was made of lush grass. A ladder lead to the top floor. The bottom floor had tables and desks. There was a white couch in the corner and green curtains were next to the windows. The air had a faint mulch smell, and I also detected a hint of cinnamon.

I climbed up the smooth ladder. The second floor was half the length of the bottom floor. There was a railing at the edge of the room so that people could overlook the bottom floor. There was a single bunk bed on the side and another desk. There was also a chest next to the bunk.

I dumped my daggers into the chest and threw myself onto the bottom bunk. It's hard to believe that this cabin was made for me, the daughter of Gaea. I closed my eyes as sunlight peeked through the window and warmed my face. The smell of grass and the roar of the water outside eventually lulled me into a deep sleep.

Jason told me that demigods get nightmares when they sleep, and the nightmares are actually true visions.

During my nap, I dreamed of a girl. She was in a cave with murals painted on the wall. She was crouching on the floor, bending over something. The girl had curly, red hair and many freckles. She wore a white T-shirt and jeans splattered with paint. The girl turned around and called out something, but the dream was fading.

Suddenly, I was in the middle of a field. There were mountains to the right and a forest to the left. A woman was standing in front of me. She was old and withered. Her eyes were closed as she kneeled on the ground. She word a brown dress that resembled dead grass. And her hair looked like my hair.

The woman opened her mouth. Her voice surrounded me, coming from everywhere and nowhere.

Only you can save me, the voice whispered. It sounded deep and quiet, but loud at the same time. It was hard to describe, but it chilled me to the bone.

SAVE ME, DAUGHTER! the woman screeched. I cried and tried to run, but I was suddenly falling into the ground, whispers following me.

********

"How can you sleep in here?" Hazel shuddered. I frowned. The cabin was comfortable and made me feel calmer. On the other hand, Hazel was sitting on the couch, shivering.

"What do you see?" I asked.

"It's cold and it smells and it's dark," Hazel whispered. I took her hand to calm her down.

"That's strange. For me, it smells like mulch and cinnamon and it's bright. It's not cold either," I explained. Hazel looked flustered by the fact that I still held her hand, but she hid her embarrassment.

"Maybe it feels weird to you because you hated Gaea. I never knew her, and besides, I'm her daughter," I mused. Hazel shrugged.

"Maybe. Tell me about your dream again," she said. I explained to her what I dreamt about. Her face went slack and her shivering became worse.

"Are you okay?" I asked. Hazel nodded.

"Yeah. Come on, let's talk to Chiron," she suggested and lead me out.

"Do you know who that girl was?" I asked as we headed to the Big House.

"Not personally, but I know that she is the Oracle here. Her name is Rachel Elizabeth Dare."