Chapter 20

***so sorry for not writing in so long! I've been super busy and I haven't had time to add anything to my books. Sorry for the short chapter, too. I promise to write more soon. Tell me what you think!***

I ran up to Percy's cabin and banged on the door frantically.  I waited a minute and banged it again.  Nobody answered.

Chiron had visited me a few minutes ago.  I slept in this morning because I was up so late last night.  I wasn't that hungry, so he said that I could meet him at the Big House later to discuss today's quest.

I assumed Percy must be somewhere else.  I peeked inside the amphitheater, the dining hall, and the storage cabins.  Nothing.

He wasn't in the strawberry fields either.

I finally ran to the lake, slapping my forehead for not thinking of checking it earlier.  I spotted the back of Percy's head.  He was sitting on the beach, staring at the sun reflecting on the lake.

"Percy!" I called.  He turned, confused.

"What?" he asked cautiously.  He stood up and noticed my frantic eyes.

"I had a dream last night," I gasped.  His eyes widened.

"Oh no."

"What?"  I asked.  Percy rubbed a hand against the back of his neck.

"It's just that you saying you had a dream and running to tell me, of all people, first, isn't a good sign for me," he answered sheepishly.  I waved my hands in the air frantically.

"This is important!  In my dream, there was a girl in a lake.  She seemed fine, but she looked..." I suddenly trailed off mid sentence.  Percy frowned.

"What?  What did she look like?" he asked.  I sighed and avoided his gaze.

"She looked like you," I choked out.

Percy's eyes widened. I stared at him as his breathing quickened.

"Percy?"

"We need to tell Annabeth!"