Chapter 19

"Sorry, Nico," I laughed. Nico and Hazel walked up to us and took a seat on the couch.  Percy and Annabeth sat together on a cushioned chair next to them.

"Well, aren't you popular, Brooke?  What have you been doing in here?" Hazel asked curiously, admiring the decorations on the walls.

"I've been testing out my powers," I said and created a small bench with a wave of my hand.

"Wow!" she exclaimed, causing me to blush.  I sat down.

"Tomorrow we are going to give you a last minute lesson, per Chiron's orders," Nico explained.

"Okay.  What's the lesson?"

"How to fight and any knowledge that might help on the quest," Annabeth explained.  I felt a pang of anxiety in my stomach.  The thought of leaving on a dangerous quest was enough to give me a stomachache.

"Anything that we missed can be covered as we travel," Hazel added.  

For about another hour, we were talking.  They talked to me about the Greek gods, explaining what they did, who they are, etc.  Annabeth, Hazel, and Nico were very friendly.  Percy didn't say much, but he wasn't giving off a hostel vibe, which was good.

"We should get going," Nico said finally.  It was getting late.  The four of them got up and left after saying goodnight.  I waved to them as they left.

After a few minutes of sitting in silence, I got up.  I waved my hand over the bench and watched as it rumbled back down into the earth.  I flicked my hand and all of the torches went out, leaving the room in darkness.  I climbed the ladder up to the second floor and stood next to the railing.  I stared down at the couch and the grass about ten feet below me.  I listened to the roar of the waterfall outside and finally plopped onto the bunk, falling asleep immediately.

That night I had one dream.  I was walking through a valley.  There were people behind me, but I never turned around to look at them.  I continued walking and came across a large lake.  The water was clear, like a crystal.  I could clearly see the bottom, which was about ten feet deep.  It was made of clay.  The sides of the lake seemed to be man made.  They were made of pearls that were glued together with the clay from the bottom of the lake.  The entire lake seemed to shimmer because of the pearls.

I walked up to the edge of the lake.  It wasn't that wide.  It seemed to be about the size of the lake at camp- I could see the very edge of it in the distance.

Swimming up to me was a girl.  She had black hair and olive skin.  Her eyes were a vibrant color of green, and she had the most beautiful face I had ever seen.  

The girl looked extremely familiar.  It wasn't like the familiar that I had seen her before, but it was the kind that made me think of someone I knew, but I couldn't figure out who I was thinking about.

Until the next morning, when I was walking past the Poseidon cabin, and it all hit me like a ton of bricks in my chest.