Chapter 13

"We must prepare at once," Chiron demanded. We all nodded in agreement.

"Okay, the first line was 'The child cast down from the gods'. Who is that?" Frank asked out loud. Annabeth furrowed her brow.

"That's Brooke. Brooke, you said that you don't know who your parents are, right?" she asked me. I shook my head.

"What is your earliest memory?" Annabeth asked.

"Well, I don't remember a lot. All I remember is living with my uncle. A few months ago, he never came home. I'm guessing that he abandoned me, because he would leave me from time to time. He never told me who my father was." I explained. Annabeth started to pace the room.

"Chiron is it possible that Brooke doesn't have a father? That Gaea just created her before we killed her?" Annabeth questioned. Chiron stroked his beard thoughtfully.

"It is possible," he agreed. Piper's eyes widened.

"Maybe the line means that Brooke was born, but she was sent to Earth by the gods! Or at least just Gaea, because I doubt anyone else knows about her," she suggested. Chiron nodded in confirmation.

"Wait, so I'm not a demigod?  I'm just a human-goddess?" I asked.

"Yes, I suppose so," Chiron answered.  I grinned, satisfied.  

"What was the next line?" Percy asked.

"Will be sent to the realm of blinding fogs," Hazel informed.

"I had a dream about a place surrounded in fog a couple of nights ago. There were mountains and the fog was white and covered everything like sheets. I think it was a place near Camp Jupiter," Rachel stated. Frank stood up.

"I've heard about that place. We were told not to go there because travelers would get lost and die there," he said.

"Then that's where we have to go," I said.

"The next line is pretty obvious. Gaea will be there in her sleep. The line after that was 'Five others will go, but one she must keep," Jason stated.

"So I'm guessing that Brooke and five of us will have to go, but one of us is going to stay there," Annabeth explained. Everyone was silent for a minute. I looked down at my feet dreadfully. I wasn't going to be responsible for making anyone stay with my mother. If it had to be one of us, it was going to be me.

"'The sea's kin must follow' is the next line. What does that mean?" Piper asked.

"It probably means I have to go on the quest," Percy answered.  He glared at me, causing me to shiver.

"The next line says 'As should the dove, the skull, and the owl.'  This probably means Piper, Hazel and Nico, and me," Annabeth added.

"I can't go.  Reyna is coming this week to help us prepare to defend the camps and she wants me, Frank, and Jason to be here with her," Hazel said.  

"Well, we need, one more.  Oak will probably want to go," Jason suggested.  Chiron agreed and settled down into his wheelchair.

"That is fine. Once we are prepared and Oak is healed, you will leave," he declared. 

"What about the next line?" Jason asked.

"And the blessed girl seen in a dream must be freed from where she is seen," Piper answered.  She leaned her head onto Jason's shoulder.  He kissed her forehead, and I smiled.  They were so sweet together.

"Does that mean Rachel?  Brooke saw her in her dream, and Rachel is the Oracle so you could say she is blessed," Hazel suggested.

"That wouldn't make sense because I'm right here," Rachel said.  Chiron frowned.

"We will keep Rachel here so nothing happens to her.  My prediction is that this girl will be seen on your journey," he stated.  Everyone agreed and got up to leave for dinner.