27. Real fun

"You got to tell me exactly who this-" Trish shook the Victoria secret bag at me for emphasis. "Is for!" It was interesting to see that Trish was so worried about my personal life at the moment.

"I already told you! It's for myself!"

"That's total B.S but WHATEVER. You don't have to tell me about your mystery man that you are trying to look sexy for by spending $200 in outfits for him!" I honestly felt kind of bad, but I couldn't tell her about me and Brett's quote on quote on quote "lessons". It didn't sound right to me and it wasn't my proudest thing ever. If things weren't as heated between me and Brett as they were now, I would've never thought of the possibility of me actually dating my best friend. But now the thought was just pounding in the back of my mind.

"I'm sorry. We haven't actually declared it official and I don't want to say something that's not going to end up happening." Truth be told, I didn't know if any lessons would end up happening on his birthday but if their was, then I wanted to be prepared. Of course, I had another thing in mind for his birthday if nothing like that was going to happen. It was something I had been thinking about for a while now. With recent events, I was ready to give him something he had been wanting for 3 years now..

"Well as soon as it IS official, I better be the first one to know!" We quickly swung into the driveway to drop off my new clothing items. She shrugged, "I still think it's Garret and you're toying with me." Trish said referring to the blind date she had set me up on with him.

I rolled my eyes. " For the millionth time, Garret and I are just friends!" Better her think it was Garret than Brett.

I didn't know if Brett was home or not so I quietly snuck in and threw my bags in the closet knowing Brett wouldn't go through my closet. Then went back into Trish's car. We had decided that we needed to go grab lunch at our favorite lunch place ... Panera!!

"So, how are things going between you and Tyler?" I finally asked once we were settled into our booth.

Trish kind of blushed. "Well, things have been-Going."  I smiled, happy that she was happy once again. I could still remember the day I came into her room that was covered in used and abused Kleenex's. Trish upset was not a pretty sight, especially when tears were being shed for a guy. With the recent events unfolding as they were now, I could fully understand the pain of losing someone you had feelings for.

We chatted in between bites of our grilled cheeses filling the place with laughter. Talking when it came to Trish had always been so easy. We could go on for hours about books that we loved and wished we were. We debated who the characters should be with and what choices they should have made. Usually, we would gather at least once a month just to talk about books as our own sort of book club.

"Oh my gosh Angelina!!" Trish's sudden spazz made me jump and I quickly regathered my composure. "Oh my god what."

"You'll never believe what's becoming a movie!" Fingers flying fast over her phone, Trish pulls up her instagram. I had to give myself a second before I got to excited for something that wasn't actually going to happen.

"Hush hush?!" My one last bit of hope came out with the desperation in my voice. I had read that book back in sixth grade, at an age I should not have read that book, yet I had no regrets because it introduced me to more books with the right touch of romance in them.  I tried to lean over her phone to get a peak but she was already whipping it in front of my face.

"Hush freaking hush!" Angelina said. Those three words didn't seem to register as I looked at the 2 people on the screen in front of me. Inside, I was throwing a huge party, but on the outside I let out a laugh of disbelief. Six years of waiting for the announcement of the book going on the big screen and I couldn't be more excited! Despite the lack of characteristics between the characters I had envisioned while reading and the actors chosen, Patch Cipricano was still hot enough for me to do backflips for.