33. Proposal

^Lies by Evanescence

Recap from last time.

"What's that Daddy West?" I said adding on his sexy last name.

When he slowly lowered to his knees in front of me, my eyes widened.

We were outside! He can't eat me out in public!

I was about to protest when I saw his hand reach in his back pocket and pulled out a box that caused my hand to slap over my mouth.

A ring box.

Time seemed to diminish as my thoughts ran wild. Like wildfire, my want to be swallowed by the earth put me into a sort of panic mode. I was only 17! Far too young to be proposed too, much less to be in a long enough relationship for a proposal! It was just 4 days ago that he professed his love for me.

"Brett-" I let the fear and begging shine through my eyes as I stared down at him.

"Angelina Monroe Lee-" My full name leaving his lips caused chills down my body. "I have known you since a young'un-" a knowing smirk lit his face as he used the phrase I hated. "and every second I'm around you, nearly 13 and a half years, I have loved your company.  You make me enjoy life and help my world spin round. Your ability to comfort me and make me laugh astonishes me and I love you for that. Which is why I'm down here on the ground in front of you. We have been best friends forever- and we are now the sexiest couple on the planet." He added as my nerves buzzed. "I'm ready for another jump in the right direction." His other hand came to the edge of the velvet blue box causing me to catch my breath.

"So Angelina Monroe Lee, will you do me the pleasure in accepting the key to the house?" My emotions were like a squirrel on crack. I was relieved, yet annoyed, and resisting the urge to scream.

"Give me that!" I spat snatching the key, my anger throwing him off guard. The silver key was placed in between the cushions and I looked down at him as I plucked it out.

"Jeez. Someone's mad."

"I'm not mad." I lied.

Brett got up and grasped my waist. "I'm sorry Angelina, I just thought I should've asked formally." The smirk on his face did not look apologetic but I couldn't deny those ice-blue eyes.

"Well, that was a hell of a way to ask."

"We aren't even in the bedroom and you're cursing?" Brett ticked. "Naughty, naughty, girl."

"Well, I have a key now. That means I have free access to your bedroom."

A dangerous smirk spread along his face before he grabbed my hand and pulled me into the house. Oh Brett, what had you done to me?

3 YEARS LATTER

"Brett, I swear to god if you don't get out of there I'm gonna milk you." My first was pounding the door of the bathroom when all a sudden it opened and a bare naked Brett stood in front of me.

Quirking his eyebrow, Brett let me take my time scanning his body before pulling me to him in one swift motion. With no time to breath, I gasped for air in the steamy room as our bodies collided and his finger strayed to my hair. The rebel strand of hair was pushed back and I steadied my hands on his bare chest.

"Shower with me?" His voice, deep from the voice lessons he took, sent shivers down my neck and down my vertebrae.

All rational thought seemed to be swept away. It was our 3 year anniversary of living together and I still couldn't control my hormones around him. Static seemed to press everywhere he touched me and I fell into his embrace. I was going to lose control in 3..2..1