Chapter 31: Forbidden

*sparkly pink cloak billows out as she drops down from the realm of Writing Secrets Off of Wattpad and lands on her Kingdom*

WHAT IS UP MY REAPERS?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ONLY A FEW MORE SPICY CHAPTERS LEFT. I CAN SMELL BOOK 3 IN OUR MIDSTS AND LET'S JUST SAY IT SMELLS SEXY AND DANGEROUS WITH A HINT OF NERVOUS SWEAT. OH YEAH, IT'S GOING TO GET INSANE!!!!

HELLO PLEASE KINDLY VOTE AND LEAVE FEEDBACK ILYSM IT MEANS THE WORLD XOXOXOXOOXOX

ALSO, ALSO, ALSO, IF YOU HAVEN'T HEARD ALREADY, SONY PICTURES HAS AQUIRED THE RIGHTS TO DEATH IS MY BFF!!! THERE ARE SOME NEW DEVELOPMENTS AND I CAN'T F*CKING WAIT TO SHARE!! GET #PUMPED HELL YEAHHHHHHH MY DUDES GIVE YOURSELF A PAT ON THE BACK CUZ THIS WOULDN'T BE HAPPENING IF NOT FOR YOU #FAM.

Social media for Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat: katrocks247

This part of the woods was forbidden.

            I advanced toward the massive willow tree of over forty feet, and there, behind the vines and moss on its sinewy trunk, was the mirror that Ahrimad had been trapped in. The mirror that young Death had communicated through to reach Ahrimad, and the portal that Ahrimad had escaped from when he deceived Death.

            I was drawn to it. Mesmerized. As I neared the sweeping canopy of the willow, the sounds grew crisper. The orchestra of croak of frogs in the nearby stream amplified, as did the chirps of birds and insects, the rustling of trees.Then the scent of the woods hit my nostrils at once, pine and cold mud beneath my feet; the heat of the sun slanting through surrounding leafy trees and the gentle arms of the old willow.

            Suddenly, as I stood before the willow's trunk, I heard another noise. A ringing. It was a soft hum in my ears, like a sirens call layered over my environment. It was coming from the mirror.

            "Is anybody here?" I asked, strangely expecting a response. My voice echoed a little, as if I were in a cave. Or dream.

            A single footstep. Peering into a slit between the vines, I saw him on the other side of the willow tree.

            My heart struck my chest with a rapid force. I slowly edged to the side, breathing hard as my brain confirmed whom I'd seen. The Raven Demon.

            The last time I had seen Malphas, really seen him, he'd tried to hypnotize me to paralyze Death by stabbing him with an enchanted knife. Death had also used an illusion of Malphas during his training with me, which lead to my injury and Death ultimately deciding I should be separated by his world. 

            The Raven Demon was handsome

            My next thought was that Malphas had used a demonic projection to bring me here. Wherever here was, this had to be his doing.  "Take me back," I demanded and backed away from. "Take me back right now."

            "Darling," he said with a composed smile, "I'm not the one who brought us here. You are."

            Hearing his raspy voice was like a PTSD trigger. The vivid memory of Malphas manipulating me, as well the image of him and his underlings murdering Light Angels around New York made my stomach churn. Squeezing my eyes shut, I desperately tried to get out of this nightmare.

            "Wake up, wake up," I begged.

            "Try clicking your heels together, dove."

            At the nearness of his voice, I reeled backward with a curse. "Don't get any closer," I grated out. "I would have never summoned you to me."