Chapter 53: Fading

YOOOOOOOOOOOO what's up??

This song high key makes me envision a character intro for DIMBFF, like a TV show one. :O

Hope everyone is staying safe and doing okay! Sending all my love to anyone going through a tough time. <3 <3 <3 <3

What's everyone been up to during quarantine?? Got any interesting stories? 

Me, I'm just been chillin' like a villain writing and watching the show Suits!!! (No spoilers PLEASE, I'm obsessed!!!) I've also wanted to get healthier, so I've been eating more mindfully while doing my normal workouts! I've lost 10 pounds!!!! :D

Please make sure to vote on this chapter and leave lots of feedback! I love reading the comments!!!! :D

            Ahrimad pointed his hand at the brackets connecting Death's chains to the ceiling, snapping them off. Death dropped to the ground, landing perfectly balanced on the balls of his feet, but still restrained, as two menacing high-level large demons caught the ends of his chains and tautened them. They kept his arms on a leash, like an animal.

"If you expect me to take fault for what I did to you, think again," Death snarled. "You committed your own damn sins to be trapped in that mirror where I found you. You chose to take advantage of me when I was only a child."

"I was your salvation, Alexandru. I saw greatness in you, when you were young and malleable. Now you're just damaged goods on the brink of losing your grip. That is no fault on anyone but your own."

"Because of you. You and this curse."

"Let's not pretend you weren't susceptible to me from the beginning," Ahrimad said, a coy smile lifting on his cruel mouth as he turned Death's wrath onto Malphas. "Your father was the one who isolated you in your training, which led you to me in the first place. Poor Alexandru, all he ever wanted was a friend."

Death was so furious that darkness nearly consumed his features, expelling off of his shoulders in tendrils.

"I'm his friend," I declared in a loud voice, catching everyone off guard. "Who's a girl. His girl friend. There was a space there, in between girl and friend. You just can't see it. Because I'm speaking. As his friend. Erm..."

Death pleaded for me to shut up with his eyes, while in the background, Ace made a few sharp gestures at his neck for me to stop talking. I shielded half my face with my hand and turned my head away.

"Anyway," Ahrimad gritted, before gazing back at Death again. "You once used the mortals for their true purpose as your sustenance, as your slaves. But you have become too entrenched in the mortal's world. Ever since you met that girl,"––he jabbed a finger at me––, "I sensed the sharp change in you. I see clearly that are you right back to where you began, Alexandru. Back to that pitiful, naive little boy who just wanted to be loved. You are neither mine, nor anyone else's. No, you are your own damned monster. An unstable crossbreed. An abomination. Fate had its ugly way with you, and that is no fault of mine."

Death didn't fight off the demons as they suddenly jerked his chains forward with their booming laughter. The only indication that he'd even wanted to tear them into pieces was the brief tautness in Death's back muscles, and the low noise that rattled his throat.

"No need to rile him up," Ahrimad called out, watching as his soldiers do his bidding for him. "There will be plenty of that soon."

"Hiya, honey bunny." Layla appeared out of nowhere and clutched my braid in a tight fist, not-so-nicely tugging me to the front of the room.