20

Louis is awoken by his phone, blaring some annoying rooster sound telling the boy to wake up. The omega groans as he turns the alarm off and sits up. At some point he is sure he will kill every rooster he sees or hears.

The boy gets up as a notification on his phone blinks. He rubs his eyes and takes his glasses to put them on.

Full Moon 🌕

He sighs smiling and gets up to shower and change into skinny jeans and a t-shirt. On his desk chair he sees the jumper Harry threw to him on saturday as they were in town and those two idiots talked shit. Louis grabs the jumper and walks into the bathroom to get ready.

-

"Be happy your parents aren't pack leader." Harry says as he sits down at their usual table at lunch break.

"What? Daddy won't let you play with barbies?" Louis asks smiling and in a teasing tone.

"Fuck you, Tomlinson." Harry says, rolling his eyes but smiling fondly.

"Nah, my heat isn't due yet." With that the omega takes a bite of his sandwich.

Harry looks surprised at Zayn and Niall. "What's wrong with him?" he asks, pointing at the omega next to him.

Zayn and Niall shrug. "We have no idea." Niall says. "He's been like that the whole day."

Louis groans. "I'm excited, okay? It's a full moon today and I love full moons and so let me be fucking excited about that, okay? Great."

Harry smiles at Louis amused. "No need to be so rude, geez." Louis narrows his eyes and pouts.

"I was joking. About the barbies. You know that." the omega claims, crossing his arms.

Harry chuckles and ruffles through the brown, soft and feathery hair. "Obviously."

"Why are your parents annoying you this time?" Zayn asks to change the topic.

"Ugh! Mate stuff."

Louis frowns, but more at the sudden feeling of jealousy in his stomach than the mating stuff. "Mate stuff?" he asks nonetheless.

"My parents are bugging me to find a potential mate." Harry explains. "Maybe you don't know that yet, but my dad is probably retiring soon, because of his health." Louis is still frowning, not quite sure why Harry needs to find a--

"Oh! Because you have to take over the pack!" he realizes, getting a fond smile from the alpha and a nod. "And they want you to find a Luna to support you. Okay, got that." Then there is the frown again. "But... How do you know if someone will be the right person to become the packs Luna?" he asks.

Harry sighs, looking right into Louis' confused blue eyes. "You just know." Louis narrows his eyes again at the alpha.

"You mean soulmate?"

"Kinda, yea."

Now Louis sighs. "But you know that it is really hard to find your soulmate." he claims, turning back to his sandwich, blushing under Harrys continues stare. "It's not that feeling everyone talks about. That you just know it." he mumbles more, so the other three have a harder time catching what Louis says. "Even for soulmates it takes time to... feel it, ya know?"

Before Harry could say something, a unusual scent fills everyones noses. Every person in the cafeteria looks towards the door.

There is Mr. Berk, a policeman and three guys; humans. Harry and Louis exchange a look. Those are the guys from the town and the policeman is the father of the girl Louis heard in the woods; Annabel.