30

Somehow Louis ends up at the lake with the cave again. The wolf goes closer to the water, but not too close. He doesn't want to risk falling in. This time there will be no Harry who can save him.

The omega sits down, but stands as he hears rustling from the bush behind him. He turns and growls as a well known brown wolf steps into view.

"Look who we have here. The toughest omega of them all, Louis Tomlinson." the wolf mocks, stepping closer to the omega. "Not so tough without your boyfriend, are you?"

"What do you want?" Louis growls, turning so he can slowly get away from the water.

"I want to show you what a real alpha looks like. Now bow!" Louis flinches and whines at the alpha voice, but he stays strong, not bowing.

"Not working, Stan." Louis growls again.

Stan isn't happy about that. Not at all. So the alpha charges forward and Louis readies himself for the impact, but it never comes. He looks up to see a tall, unknown wolf standing in front of him.

"Leave, Stan. I ban you from my territory and I never want to see you here again." the dark grey wolf speaks with so much dominance and authority that Louis can't help but bow his head.

And also because he recognizes the voice.

Louis hears Stan running away with a low growl and he feels the eyes of the alpha in front of him on him.

"Don't be silly, Louis. You don't have to bow." Louis looks up and damn, this wolf is tall.

"Thank you so much, Alpha." Louis says in submission to the pack leader.

"And again, don't be silly. It's my duty to help those in need." Des says before nodding towards the trees, indicating for Louis to follow.

"Where are we going?" the omega dares to ask.

"The pack house. I wanna talk with you." And Louis just follows, not knowing what the Alpha wants to talk about. Probably Stan, right?

-

Louis finds himself sitting on a very comfortable armchair with a cup of tea in his hands. Des and Anne are sitting on the couch, holding each a cup of tea as well.

"Harry told me what happened." Des starts without beating around the bush. "He told me everything about Stan and how he treated you." Louis opens his mouth to complain that this wasn't something Harry should have told them, but Des raises his hand, silencing the omega. "Mr. Berk told me that Stan and Harry had a little fight when the other school arrived so I asked him what it was about." the Alpha explains. "Harry knows better than to lie to me, so he told me."

Louis bites his lip and nods. "Thank you for helping me." he says again.

Des just smiles. "I don't want any alpha on my territory that thinks it's okay to treat omegas as if they were slaves. I followed Stan since the game was over and as I saw him approach you and talked to you like that, banning him was my only choice."

Louis nods appreciating as thunder sounds through the house. The omega winces in surprise and it's just now that he hears the rain pouring down from the sky.

Great. Just bloody amazing!

"Let me call your mom and tell her you stay here for the night." Anne says and gets up.

"Uhm, thanks, but it's fine. I can run home and take a hot bath or something." Louis says and stands up, not wanting to be a burden for the Luna.

The Luna comes to stand in front of Louis, cupping his face with her hands. "Don't be silly, Louis." she says before stepping back, a loving smile on her face. "You gonna stay here for the night and I won't hear--"