Chapter 13: How You Get The Girl

*I couldn't find the video to Taylor Swift's How You Get The Girl video, so I would recommend reading this chapter before searching it up. Whenever I was looking for it, it kept giving me covers of the song, not the original. Which was SUPER annoying, but it's okay.*

But anyway, enjoy Chapter 13!

________________________________

Lia James

School was nothing short of boring. I learned even more stuff that will corrupt my brain in the future.

I stopped at my locker to grab my lightweight jacket, since it was beginning to get chilly, a sign that fall was around the corner. But of course in California, the temperature will only drop 15 degrees from its usual 85.

It was a rainy day, and there was nothing that I was doing after school. I wanted to practice a little bit of my hitting technique with my new bat my Dad sent me in the mail. We ordered it back in June, and it finally came in. It was the newest model, and we pre-ordered it so that I would be the first to try it out before anyone else did.

I grabbed my math notebook, and folder, along with my science things. The rest of my stuff was in my backpack. I slung it over my shoulder, before grabbing my textbook, and my phone. I closed it, and was about to leave, before I almost collided with a body.

"Woah. Sorry." I apologized, my cheeks flushing from embarrassment.

It was a girl, probably about 5'8, much taller than me and my 5'3 self. Her red hair was up in a ponytail, and she secured the fly-away's with a Nike headband. She wore a softball championship T-shirt from 2012.

"You're Lia, right?" She pointed towards me, and I nodded silently.

"That's me."

"My name is Megan. I'm on the softball team here, and I heard from the coach that you're trying out?"

"Yeah, I'm trying out on Thursday, during practice." I told her, and she nodded in understanding.

"Well, I just wanted to wish you good luck, and hope for the best since there is a lot of competition for spots this season. I'm not trying to scare you or anything." She laughed nervously.

"No, no. I totally get it. I'm actually really nervous." I blurted out, and she smiled.

"Well, if you ever want to come to our field sometime, you can check it out, and maybe we can pass the ball around." She offered.

"I might take you up on that offer." I smiled eagerly. Finally someone from the team will talk to me.

She gave me her number, and we arranged to meet each other on Wednesday night, right before the after-school practice on Thursday. She seemed really nice and outgoing. I knew I was going to like her.

We said our goodbyes before we separated paths, and I walked to my car. I was just about to open it when someone's hands blocked the handle.

"What is up with people sneaking up on me today?" I shouted, and turned around to Eli. He gave me a big smile.

"Bad day?" He asked, and I nodded my head.