Chapter 21: Escaping Reality

Above: A picture of Andrew's bedroom. I wanted you all to witness how much money this family has. Because it's a lot. But as you can tell by the previous chapter, they are good people. They use their money wisely, they just have a reputation to protect (judging by the enormous house they own). If you want more pictures of the Price mansion, or anything else, let me know!

Also, you may notice the youtube video of the song "Fifteen" by Taylor Swift. This is for a special moment in the chapter. I will let you know when to play it using "*" to indicate when to play the song. It will be very clear when to use it, also. There is a moment that will be shared and it has very important value to the plot of the story. It is probably not what you're thinking.

Anyway, carry on.

Onto Chapter 21! (This one is a good one.)

________________________________

Lia James

"Do you have any fours?" Julian asked me, and I shook my head no.

"Go Fish."

He grumbled quietly before taking a card from the deck in the middle of the group. Sitting next to me now was Eli, and then to my right is Julian. Nick and Andrew were currently wrestling on the bed, like lunatics. I wasn't going to bother them, if they broke something, well, it's their house.

"Guys, can we please play something else other than Go Fish? What about Slap Jack?" Eli moaned, slamming his cards on the plush tan area rug. I leaned my back against the comfy couch, situated near the screen windows. One of them was slightly open, to bring in the breeze of the night sky.

The fire was going too. But we were going to let it die out, because eventually it would be too warm. It was the perfect balance: the warm fire to my right and the cool breeze to my left. It was soothing, and a part of me didn't want to leave. But I knew I had to go pretty soon, it was about 8:30 at night.

"Fine. We'll play Slap Jack." I agreed to Eli's idea, and he clapped loudly.

I was about to give the card deck for Eli to shuffle, when it was abruptly taken out of my hands and scattered all over the ground. I looked back in frustration to see, Andrew, with his usual smirk, staring back.

"What the heck was that for?" I raised my arms up, scoffing.

"You're dead, Pricey Boy." Eli stands up, violently tackling Andrew to the ground with a thump.

"Andrew! A card just went down my pants!" Julian whined, shoving his hand down his pants.

I turned my attention back to the boys who were participating in a wrestling match, grimacing at the boyish behavior. And they wonder why I call them Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb. 

I crossed my arms in annoyance, staring them down, as Andrew had Eli in a headlock. Nick was cheering his older brother on, and Julian finally got the card from out of his pants.

"Do you want it?" He teased, waving the card in my face.

"No!" I shoved his hand out of the way. I backed up further, and he came closer.

There was no way I was taking a card that could have possibly touched his genitalia. No thank you.

Julian wouldn't stop following me, so I started to run over to the other side of the bed. He stared me down with mischief, and I rolled my eyes.