Chapter 15: Punches From Hell

Lia James

Please don't notice. Please don't notice.

I smiled at Mason, who was getting up from the steps to the front door. He eyes narrowed, and I had a feeling he knew that inside the car was Andrew.

"Hey, Mason! What's up? Let's go inside." I tell him, pointing toward the house trying my hardest to turn him around.

"What the fuck are you doing here, Price?" His nostrils flared, as Andrew got out of the car.

"Just doing a nice deed for my friend here." He replied in a fake tone. Mason grit his teeth.

"No, she's not your friend. And she won't ever be." Mason spat.

Andrew walked over to Mason, and approached him with only a smug look on his face.

"Judging on how we were in the car together and hung out, I would consider that friends." He shrugged, and Mason gave me a concerned look.

"I wouldn't hold your breath." Mason let go of our eye contact.

"Listen, hey guys." I snapped my fingers at them. "Don't fight, okay? That's the last thing you guys should be doing. Let's just go home and-"

"Don't ever speak to her again." Mason pushed Andrew. Andrew lost his balance, and after regaining it, he clenched his knuckles. I winced after hearing them crack.

"Woah, hey. I'm still-"

"Fucking coward. All you do is push me when I can do this." Andrews fist connects with Mason's jaw.

"Andrew!" I yelled, even though I knew it was completely hopeless.

"I could squash you like a bug, you motherfücker." Andrew stands his ground, while Mason is holding his face. I could see the bottom of his lip, bruised and bleeding.

"I'd like to see you try." Mason tested, and the next thing I saw was Andrew tackling him to the ground.

I kept yelling for them to get up, grabbing their jackets, at least trying something to get them to stop. But everything was useless. I yelled, and almost drew tears, as fists connected with faces. Soon, enough, Mason was on top, and in control.

I kept yelling, but what was the use in that? I had to think of something else. Something that will get their attention, so that no one will get hurt further.

Think, Lia. Think.

The lightbulb went off in my head.

Got it.

The next thing I saw was Mason and Andrew covering their hands with their ears, as I screamed bloody murder. I screamed at the top of my lungs, not having a care in the world if the neighbors thought someone was being murdered.

"Guys! What the hell? Just stop fighting! STOP FIGHTING!" I shouted, getting in between them two as they slowly got up.

"You." I pointed to my best friend. "Go inside, and I'll help you get cleaned up."

"And you." I pointed to Andrew. "I'll see you around."

Andrew nodded and turned his back, walking away to his Audi. His car backed up into our driveway, and I watched as it disappeared through the trees.

I went back inside in a hurry. Mason was sitting on the counter, near the sink, with a washcloth in his hand.

I couldn't even find the right words to say. How exactly could I explain this moment to him? That I spent the whole day with his enemy?