Chapter 34: A Question

Above: Alexandra Daddario as Celina Price. I love her as an actress, and I knew she would be an amazing fit in this story. I know the Price children don't look all that alike, but I tried my best to make it seem like they were related. Try & give me some credit.

Here's Chapter 34!

________________________________

Lia James

"Okay everyone! Please take your seats and we will begin class momentarily." My English teacher, Mrs. McQuarters announces to the class. The final bell rang just moments ago, and we were all chit-chatting with our friends. Well, I was sitting down in my seat with my notebook and folder out, waiting for her to begin.

"What a goody-two shoes!" Someone screamed in my ear from behind. I turned around in my chair, and saw Eli grinning widely like he just completed some elaborate prank.

"That scared me to death." I put a hand on my chest, exhaling forcefully. My heart rate increased rapidly when Eli decided to be an asshole.

"That was the point. You looked so peaceful and quiet, I wanted to ruin your day. I guess scaring you was the perfect way." He smiled like a perfect little angel, waiting for God to take him back to heaven. I, for one, didn't care what Eli thought, so I flicked him in the back of the head.

"You're an ass, you know that?" I told him, and he rubbed his forehead profusely, making a sour face.

"Technically, I have an ass. I can't particularly be one." Him and his damn technicalities.

"Did you really just say that?" I hear a voice coming from the other side of me. It was Andrew, who was also in my English class, and he sat down in the seat next to me.

"What? My ass is juicy." He swatted his bottom, before earning glares from Andrew and I. Andrew put his phone on his desk, shaking his head like he suspects this sort of behavior from his friend.

"Eli, if you keep saying that, you might lose all your street cred. Maybe even some girls too." I pointed out, and Andrew snorted.

"Nah, that's definitely not going to happen. I've got girls left and right. All I have to do is wink, and they're all mine." He winks to the girl with the glasses sitting next to him, and she blushes turning her head.

"You're an idiot." I turn back around, not wanting to get yelled at by the teacher for being disruptive.

Mrs. McQuarters blabbed on and on about the new book we will be reading, Macbeth, and she expresses her admiration for Shakespeare. She explains to the class about her trip to see The Globe theater in Europe, as well as the Romeo and Juliet houses that I think are located in Italy? I'm not sure, I wasn't paying attention. And neither was the whole class.

I was trying to pay attention, but I put my arm on my face, and I felt myself doze off. Almost completely. I promised myself that I would never fall asleep in class, because I'm afraid that the teacher would make fun of me while I was asleep, which I experienced a bunch of times this year.

I felt my eyes closing slowly...and slowly...and slowly. Until...

Ding!

I jumped at the sound of Andrew's phone going off. It was one text after another.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

"Turn it off!" I whispered harshly, and Andrew grabbed his phone. He put it on silent, and placed it back on his desk.

But the texting still continued. It even started to vibrate my desk at one point, and I puffed out a breath in annoyance.

"Mr. Price? Would you care to turn off you're phone so that I could continue my lesson?" Mrs. McQuarters wraps her hand across her chest, tapping her foot on the ground.