Back to Liverpool

• Dedicated to My readers!

The wheels of Brona's suitcase began to screech as she dragged it behind her through the London Station as she walked in a group with Cynthia and Julian, who were also going back home to Liverpool today, and John, Paul, George and Ringo, who wanted to escort them to the train station and see them departure. 

"You really need a new suitcase," commented George when it let out another squeak. He was carrying two suitcases in his hands - one hers and the other his. She had more items departing London than when she arrived there. "That noise."

"Sounds like your singin'," Brona teased laughing, earning a nudge from her brother. 

"We'll 'ave none of your jokes, thank you very much."

"You'll miss 'em, Georgie, you know you will."

They stopped walking once they reached the right platform in a spot that wasn't too crowded. It wasn't crawling with people like it was last them they were here but there was still a good bunch of people. Some were hugging and kissing, others crying and some just reading a newspaper or glancing down at their watch.

George set his joking aside and so did she. "Of course I will, sis."

As George said his goodbye to Cynthia and Brona said hers to John, Ringo and Paul hung back, out of ear shot.

"Paul, don't you dare," Ringo warned him firmly, his brows furrowed with a determined look in his eyes. "Look, you will thank me later." 

"I 'ave to Rings," reasoned Paul, who looked extremely fidgety. He kept bouncing on his heels and his eyes kept darting from Ringo to their friends. His body was wound up so tight with love and hindrance that he had to keep moving.

"No," the drummer told him firmly, trying to keep the promise he had made Paul two weeks ago. He was not going to give up on the last minute. "It's all in your 'ead."

Meanwhile, George and Cynthia had just parted from their hug while Brona and John had what looked to be a serious and close discussion. George and Cynthia continued to chat before the other two caught their eyes.

"Are they arguing?" the blonde asked, narrowing her eyes at Paul and John before looking up at the guitarist, who was looking in his mate's direction. 

"I don't know," he replied, trying to read the situation. "Paul has a wild look in 'is eye though."

"I promise I'll take care of 'em," said Brona to John, locking eyes with him. "You know that we won't let any of those bloody reporters come near 'er or Jules."

"I know," he replied, nodding his head. "Just look after yourself too, alright?" 

"Alright," the brunette replied with a smile before accepting John's friendly embrace. 

"Fine!" Paul exclaimed, throwing his hands up in surrender. "I won't do it."

Ringo breathed a sigh of relief as his body was relieved from the tension that had been produced by Paul's overwhelming moment of insanity. He held a lot of sympathy for his mate, though. He couldn't imagine loving someone the way Paul did without being able to confess it. Ringo knew it was for the best but it was unnatural and he was worried about the younger man, which provoked him to tell John a few days ago.

"You're a piece of work, James," he muttered, briefly giving him a pat on the back before they walked over to the group. 

"Yeah, yeah," responded Paul dully with a pout appearing on his lips. 

"Alright?" George asked when Ringo and Paul joined them as John and Brona broke from their hug. Cyn and George both wore suspicious looks as they eyed them up, as secretly and discreetly as possible. They just nodded wordlessly in response.