chapter 3

"W-what is marking?"

"Marking is when Jake and I bite your neck in a sexual spot then we mate which is when we have sex." Jake's wolf says.

"Why do werewolves mark?"

"To show others that they are taken and by who. Meaning if I don't ever mark you and an unmated wolf comes along trying to..." Jake's wolf says before his eyes turn black.

I get on his lap and I do the one thing I thought I would never do with someone else. Once my lips touched his it was like a drug. He kisses me back moving his hands to my hips holding me in place. I could feel the sparks intensify the longer we kiss. His tongue glides along my lips making me arch my back and my chest pushing into him more.

*knock knock*

Then the door open and I try to move, but his grip on my hips tightened. He growls at someone and then I hear a screatching. Jake jumps in front growling and that when I see the other person. She is about 5 feet 5inches, long black hair, probly weights at least half my weight and looks like a barbe. She trys to attack me, but Jake grabs her and smashes her into the walk growling. Nikki walks in and sees the scene grabbing me and that's when Jake looks at her growling more.

"Jake I'm just trying to help. I'm going to bring her to a safer place, until Darby is dealt with." Nikki says.

That what her name is and Jake just nods while tightening his grip on her neck.

Niki brings me to her room and she starts doing my nails. I just can't hold back the tears anymore. Niki stops handing me a tissue while we just sit in silence.

"I'm sorry. I just.. who is Darby? I mean to Jake."

"She is his ex girlfriend. They broke up the day he found you. Once he smelt your scent he dumped her and was looking for you." Nikki says.

"Were they.. were they... ug. Were they you know active?"

Nikki looks down and she nods her head yes. I walk out of her room and into the kitchen seeing Jake's and Nikki's mom cooking.

"Can I help?"

She looks at me and nods her head, so I start cutting the potatoes.