{19}

Ashton.

"No- Luke I did not invite her over, I feel like now is a horrible time to introduce my daughter to my girlfriend-" "the longer you wait, the more of a shock it will be, to the both of them" Calum chimed in.

"Fuck you guys" I mumbled as Calum yelled Ivory's name, and we could slowly hear her coming down the stairs.

She appeared- her eyebrows raised as she looked at the two of us.

"You and your father have an issue to discuss"

Her and I sat on the couch- and I immediately began avoiding the topic conversation.

"Did you really make me come all the way downstairs to talk to me about physical therapy?" She asked, making me groan.

I'm about to just rip the bandaid

"I have a girlfriend" I spoke out.

I watched it register in her face

"and I've invited her over for you both to meet tonight" I finished slowly.

Her eyes stayed glued to me.

"How long have-" "three months" I breathed out, seeing more shock spread across her face.

"Well- tell me about her"

"Her name is Katie, she's two months younger than me- and I really like her" I spoke.

"What's her profession?" Ivory asked- making me clear my throat lightly

"Unemployed"

Her eyes widened, her head turning.

"How does she afford-" "she lives with her parents- and I've ended up helping her pay her car note once or twice-" "does she have plans to get a job?"

"I'm not sure"

"Dad, I don't know" she mumbled out.

"I know- it sounds bad, but you'll understand why I like her" I smiled towards her

"You're going to love her."

Ivory.

About an hour later- a girl walked- communicating with all the guys, before her eyes met me.

I was seated on the kitchen counter- swinging my legs silently.

"Ashton" she spoke quietly- nodding to me.

"Yes- Katie this is my daughter Ivory, ivory meet-" "daughter?" Katie interrupted.

"Yes she's-" "you never told me you had a daughter"

"Surprise" I laughed out awkwardly- her smile fading completely.

I looked to Ivory- seeing one of her eyebrows raised- making me internally groan.

"Maybe this is something we should've discussed-" "well let's discuss-" "not in front of the kid" she laughed out quickly.

I knew ivory hated being called a kid, because in all honesty- she wasn't a kid, she was sixteen.

I sent Ivory a sympathetic look as Katie took my hand- leading me into the kitchen.

This is where the angry- but quiet yelling began

"You didn't fucking tell me that you have a whole daughter-" "you never connected those dots? Her picture is literally my screen savor, it's in my phone case, in my car- it's everywhere-" "Ashton, I thought that was your fucking sister!" She yelled.

I rolled my eyes

"My little sister isn't twenty years younger than me, Katie" I spoke out, seeing her arms go over her chest.

"I don't like this Ashton" she spoke, her eyes meeting mine

"Well I'm sorry to disappoint you, but you could at least try to bond with her-" "oh I will- I'm not willingly letting you go anytime soon"