{36}

The next morning I woke up holding a sleeping Ivory, Calum shaking me.

"Sign her discharge, we need to get her out of here before more press shows up."

"More press?" I questioned.

"Go look outside"

I signed her papers quickly before walking to the lobby where I saw multiple kids and parents waiting on their friends and kids- some even sleeping.

I looked out the window- seeing asstons of cameras and flashes- questions being yelled out every time someone opened the door- especially a student.

The press never has consideration.

How we were going to get her out of here without upsetting her?

I had no idea.

I went to the chief of the hospital, knocking on her door, which immediately caught her attention.

"Since when do we let the press camp outside while we have traumatized children inside of our building?" I shot towards her.

"I was waiting on you to come speak to me about this" she laughed lightly.

"How's Ivory?" She questioned.

"She's in the process of being discharged" I mumbled out.

"Will you answer my question?" I shot back.

"Ashton- them being here makes a great picture for us, do you understand?"

"I don't think I do" I laughed out lightly.

"Those people film every one of those kids walking out of that door- half of which wouldn't have been alive to walk out of that door if it wasn't for us" she spoke slowly

"We saved a school today with no other hospitals assistance"

"So publicity is better than a safe and comfortable place for those kids?" I questioned, seeing her blink lightly.

"Well- I didn't think about it that way" she spoke slower.

"Get your mind right, focus on our patients rather than our review."

Some people would call me a dumbass for speaking to my boss that way- but someone had to say it.

I went back to Ivory's room- seeing all the guys standing outside.

"What's up?" I questioned.

"A nurse is helping her change- no boys allowed" Calum grinned out, making me snort lightly.

We waited patiently until the door opened again- revealing one of our nurses who sent us a smile.

"She's ready"

I entered- wanting to prepare her for all of the people outside.

She stood- holding her arm at a comfortable angle, making me move to help her hold it.

"Pain?" I questioned- seeing her hesitate.

"Not pain- just uncomfortable" she spoke, making me nod, kissing her head lightly.

"Can we go home?" She questioned, making me nod.

"But" I spoke as the guys entered.

"There's a lot of press outside" I spoke slowly.

"And since you were a hostage- they're going to go a little crazy" Calum chimed in.

"We can go through a back door-" "we'd have to go through them either way- they're most probably in the parking lot too"

I saw her almost slump.

"But we're going to be around you on all sides- you keep your head down and hood on- don't answer any questions and just keep walking, okay baby?" I spoke slowly, kissing her head as she nodded.

We went by my office and I grabbed one of my hoodies- slipping it over her head carefully getting her arms through it without hurting her.

We walked to the front where several people in the waiting area immediately stood.

"Ivory-" a guy breathed out.

"Why are you here?" She spoke- not as a insult,  as a genuine question.

The four of us stepped back- watching.

"We had to come once the swat got us out of the room- I just stayed because all the nurses said you were still here" he spoke.

"You left the room-" "no, we opened the window to make him think we left and hid- the teacher literally had to hold a hand over my mouth as he took you" he spoke lightly, making Ivory swallow, looking to the floor.

"Are you okay?" He spoke slowly, moving to touch her arm but she quickly stepped back, clearing her throat.

"I should go- I'm not feeling great-" "yeah, of course- text me?" He questioned.

"Uh- yeah" she gave the smallest smile before walking straight back into my hold.

We went to the door- and I immediately pulled her hood over her head, kissing her cheek gently.

We got the hospital security to clear us out a path and we got on all four sides of her- I stayed on her left side- making absolute sure no one hit her arm.

And we went into the madness.

I kept my hand on the back of her head, holding her close to my body as we shuffled through the crowd- Luke leading us through it all.

People yelled questions- cameras flashed, they screamed her name- it was absolutely chaos.

Thankfully, we made it to the car and I put her in it first, getting right in after her, shutting the door quickly.

Her eyes met mine as we all shut our doors- Calum locking it.

"They said sixteen people" her voice cracked, making me immediately pull her head close to mine.

"Relax princess"