{31}

Ivory purely sobbed into Ashton's arms, begging him not to make her go back.

Why he was making her go back?

None of us know.

"Dad please!" She almost yelled, gripping his hoodie as if her life depended on it.

"Ivory, stop crying princess" he spoke calmly, holding her face to look at her.

"You are strong and beautiful- you don't have to prove that to anyone because the most important people in your life already know that." He spoke slowly.

"I need you to go into that school and show them that you aren't going to be defeated- show them that you can make the soccer team, you be the bad bitch that the four of us already know that you are."

"I can't Dad. Please just move me to online-" "baby you're under a contract- you're signed to this school, I can't move you anywhere without suing."

There's the truth.

"Dad" she whines louder than ever, falling completely into his hold.

"I need you to be the brave girl that I know you are" he whispered.

"I raised a strong, beautiful and independent baby girl, and no one will tear that down, am I right?"

She gave the weakest nod.

"That's my girl" He exhaled- kissing her head.

She soon left- coming down maybe thirty minutes later wearing make up, dressed in jeans and a hoodie that I identified as Calum's.

With that- we all got into the car and went to the school.

The whole way to school the four of us hyped her up, giving her pep talks and assuring her how strong and beautiful she was to us.

As we stopped at the school I squeezed her into my side, kissing her cheek bone multiple times.

"Go show those mean bitches who you are."

Ivory.

I got out, hearing multiple I love you's, which I quickly returned.

I went straight to the library, sitting on my phone, ignoring the few people that came in every few seconds.

"Are you ready for the elementary kids to come?" A guy questioned with a smile, sitting next to me.

"Elementary kids?" I questioned.

"Yeah- they're touring our school for some motivation shit, I think it's dumb but-" he shrugged out lightly.

I smiled, turning my attention to him.

"It's ivory right?" He questioned, extending his hand.

"Yeah- I'm sorry-" he cut me off politely as we shook hands
"Derek, we have fifth hour together but you sit on the other side of the classroom" he spoke.

"Oh" I spoke, acting as if I now knew who he was.

"It's nice to meet you" I nodded with a smile.

He ended up walking me to class- and the day went on as normal.

I hid from the bitches as much as I could- if they didn't see me, they couldn't be a bitch.

As I walked to fifth hour I found Derek, we began to walk together, both of us discussing homework and what we liked.

We saw the elementary kids, one stopping at us.

"I wanna be just like you!" He bounced to Derek, making me smile- it was adorable.

Before Derek could respond, the fire alarm went off- we looked around, seeing confused teacher beginning to make their way out of the school.

Derek grabbed my arm, helping guide me through the crowd, the little boy clutching my backpack, making me quickly pick him up, not wanting him to get ran over.

Then I heard a noise Ashton had always taught me about.

Gun shots.

"Derek!" I yelled as students near me also caught on.

We ran, ducking into a class room close enough to us.

The teacher shut the door quietly, locking it.

There was seven of us.
I held the crying boy.

"Girls, in the cabinets- boys help me move stuff to barricade the doors." I did as said.

I was forced into the cabinet closest to the door.

I crouched with the kid, putting my backpack on top of him, covering the other part of his body with my own.

I prayed into his head, before I had the final idea to get my phone.

I called 911- no ducking answer.

I felt a tear slide down my face.

I texted the family groupchat.

Shooter in school. I'm in the sophomore biology class room, 7 people 1 elementary kid, I'm blocking him with my body, please help.

I heard the shots- they were much too close for my liking.

I could hear screaming and sobs, some coming from in the classroom.

I whispered to the little boy- promising him he was okay.

I texted again as the shots stopped- almost outside.

"Hide!" I heard the teacher yell.

He's right outside.

I love you guys no matter what, don't fucking forget that.

I texted dad separately- hearing gunshots too close- as if on the door.

Thank you for everything. You're my world, you've done too much and I'll be forever grateful. I love you so much. Please carry on, never forget me. Xx

I locked my phone- letting tears cascade down my cheeks as I heard the door collide with something.

I held the little boy, shushing him as quietly as I could

It was so quiet I could hear footsteps.

Then my cabinet door swung open- I immediately screamed

"Please don't!" I cried out, hugging the boy.

"Get the fuck out of the closet" I made eye contact with him.

He was a student.

"This is an elementary kid-" "don't make me repeat myself!" He screamed.

I stood slowly, pushing the boy behind me.

"You're the only one in here?" He held the gun at my chest

I glanced around the room- seeing not one person, just an open window.

They fucking left me.

"Yes" my voice shook as I spoke.

"Perfect- let's fucking go."

I held the little boys hand as he gripped my arm, holding the gun to my back.

"Cover the kids eyes." He spat- and I listened.

I walked through the hallway covered in blood and dead people.

I cried silently- praying that god would help me out of this

"This is what happens when people are dicks" the guy yelled in my face.

"Other people have to face their consequences."