- 14 -

- arabella -

"Thank you so much!" I gush again, feeling like he had lifted a building off my shoulders. I grabbed his hand, squeezing it and almost kissing it-almost. "I would also really appreciate it if you don't tell anyone."

Quickly saving the phone number in my contacts, I locked my phone and look back up at my savior.

He made a zipping motion to his mouth, breaking into a grin. "Course, Astor, you've got my word."

Smiling, I nod and let go of his hands. I felt content, someone who wasn't my friend knew of my baby and I finally had my baby daddy's number. It was one step forwards instead of backwards, which I always seemed to take.

"May I know how far along you are?" He asks, raising an eyebrow and continuing to eat. He was a simple boy, I liked it. "You don't seemed to be carrying a baby."

"I'm barely nine weeks." I say, doing quick maths in my head. "Which means three months."

"Nice." He nods, "Let me tell you something,"

I raised an eyebrow at him, suddenly a little scared by the expression he was giving me.

"Zayn's sisters are really protective over him, specially Waliyha." He says, going back to eating like it was one of his work stories. "I mean, don't get me wrong, they're sweethearts, but not when you mess with them. Plus, they became really attached to Gigi."

I rolled my eyes, feeling a bit bad that she felt betrayed about my hook up but also mad that she barely brought it up. On social media.

"So whatever you want to have with Zayn, you better hurry." By the tone he was saying it, he was serious. "If Gigi gets there first, she will sink you and eventually make you seem like another bump on his life."

His words struck me.

Another bump on his life.

Watching him take another swig at his beer, he smiled, like his haunting words weren't going to make have nightmares. "You want a refill, babe?"

How can he be so calm now!? He just told me that my baby daddy's ex will try to push me off?

The rest of the dinner was me trying to keep my mind clear and myself calm while he talked about anything and everything. He really didn't have a care in the world-amazing.

"Astor, don't take it to heart." He sighs, catching me worrying half an hour later. Feeling his hand on top of mine, I finally look at him. "You're carrying his baby, I'm sure he won't leave you."

"Leave me?" I huff, taking my hand off his and running it through my hair. "He isn't even with me."

Niall smirked, finishing his plate and pushing it away. "He will be. Trust me, I'm his best mate!"

I shake my head, already sick of the sight of my plate. Pushing the plate away and finishing my lemonade, I sat back. "Thanks for showing up, by the way."

"I should be thanking you." Niall grinned, he shuffled to take his wallet out, but I already had mine out. "Let me pay, love."

"No it's fine." I shake my head, feeling like I owe him this one. I took my card out and gave it to the waiter, signing the receipt after he swiped it and it back. I put the coat on my shoulders, standing up. "Thank you, again."

He only gave me a nod, extending his hand out to me. We walked out together, "You're going on a cab?"

"Yes." I say, standing at the curb to see if someone would stop. "Why?"

Niall pulled me back, motioning to his car. "I'll take ya."

Without wanting to argue about it, I walk with him and got on the passengers side. I told him where to go, the whole ride we were both sitting silently with the radio on quietly.

"Here it is." I say, making him pull up suddenly and make car honk behind us. I unbuckled myself and grabbed onto my purse, turning to him and placing a hand on his own. "Can we keep this between us? I still have to figure out what I want to do."

He only gave me a small smile and nod in acknowledgement, "Will do, Astor. Take care okay? I hope to see more of ya in the future."

Getting off the car with one last 'Thank You', I watch him drive off. Turning on my heels, I back inside, going to the elevators and waiting patiently.

How am I going to tell him? Should I go face-to-face? Over text? A call?

Shaking it all off before it made me nauseous, I walk into the elevator and clicked the top floor. I let my head fall back against the mirrored walls, trying to keep my emotions at bay.

Kicking my shoes as soon as I entered my apartment, I also shrugged off my coat and threw it to the couch along with my purse. Walking to the kitchen, I took out a water bottle and shrugged off my pants before sinking on my couch.

Looking at the contact I had made for him, I contemplated on giving him a call. I bit my lip and played with the bottle, throwing it lightly between my hands.

Call him, Arabella. Call him and tell him that you want to meet up, that it's important. Should I do a cute reveal? Or should I not since I don't have a connection to him.

With my mind consumed into panicking, I was already ringing the poor boy. Standing up, I began to pace as the phone rang, the annoying sound sending tingles all over my body-not good ones.

Nostalgia hit me, it tackled me when I heard his voice, the tingles becoming good ones.

"Hello?" His voice was smooth, a bit raspy, but not too much.

I cleared my throat, "Hi, um, Zayn Malik?"

It was silent from his side, my heart almost bursting as I heard my name roll off his mouth. "Arabella?"

-