epilogue

*Luke's point of view*

- 2 years on - 

With both of me and Liv now being 24, married, kids and living together for several years, we thought about the future more. 

"Will mummy be ok?" Lily looked up at me as she sat on my left leg, bouncing her whilst we was in the hospital waiting room. It was 4:39 in the morning and honestly this was the most tired I had ever been, we had been sat here for at least 6 hours now and I'm not sure how Lily was coping, knowing she'd end up in a mood any minute moaning for food or sleep.

"She'll be fine sweetie" I smiled and kissed her forehead.

"Mummy's a brave girl" She smiled back at me.

"I know she is"

"Daddy?"

"Yes Lily?"

"Will you and mummy love James more than me?"

"Of course not, what makes you think that?" Hugging her.

"He needs more than me"

"We love you both a lot okay".

Lily smiled and made herself more comfortable, laying her head inside the crook of my arm and laying across my in my arms.

It was a few hours later, and still in the same position. Lily kept fidgeting on me before she decided to get off and sit on the floor, opening her pack back and pulling out a book, holding it front of me, implying for me to read it.

"Read this to me please"

I just laughed before taking the book and Lily, placing her back on my leg.

"Once upon a time there was a little girl who was loved by everyone around, but most of all by her grandmother, and there was nothing she wouldn't have given to the child. Once grandmother gave her a little riding hood of red velvet which suited her so well that she would never wear anything else, so everyone called her little red rid-"

"Luke Hemmings?"

My head shot up to see a doctor, holding his clipboard before scribbling something down. I closed the book, "Yes?"

"Olivia wants to see you" and with that he walked off.

"You ready to see mummy?" 

Lily nodded her head frantically as I placed her down and the book back in her backpack and putting it on her before picking her up carrying her to Liv's room.

I put Lily down and she looked up at me, "Are you going to knock then?"

Lily gave a small knock as I chuckled, I turned the handle and opened the door. Olivia was sat on the bed, cradling the new born. 

"Mummy!" Lily ran over to the bed giggling.

"Hey baby, you okay?"

She nodded, "Is he ours to keep?".

Lily's height barely reached the top of the bed hardly seeing him.

"Look, come here" I took Lily around the other side, sitting her on the bed next to Liv.

"Hey you, well done" I laughed kissing Olivia and ran my fingers through her hair.

She mouthed a thank you and looked down at him to see him moving a little.

"He's your little brother Lils" She stroked the top of his head with her index finger gently and kissed him. "Do you love him?"

"A lot"