thirteen

AN: this is literally the longest chapter I have ever written and I'm so sorry but this one is extremely important

-

Waking up the next morning was...quite weird, I guess you could say. I was expecting a good sleep just like the night before this, and luckily I got just that. It was a nice and peaceful slumber, and I was really happy with how it turned out. I haven't been getting good amounts of sleep laterly, but luckily my prayers had been answered. I must've slept a whole 10 hours this morning, which is more than I usually would back in New York or even Santa Barbara. It was nice to finally get some sleep, and I'm sure the one who had climbed in next to me felt the same way.

But, I must admit, actually awakeing from this sleep made it just a little bit better. You know when you're trying to fall asleep, and then you just feel like you're falling? For a split second, you forget that you're trying to doze off, and you think that you're actually falling from somewhere? Then, you're eyes shoot open and you think, "Damn, I was just about to go to sleep, too." I got that this morning, only it was different than what people might experience. I didn't get the falling feeling while I was trying to go to sleep, I got it when I was asleep...and this made me wake straight up without any hesitation.

It was comical to me; I didn't just feel like I was falling, I actually fell. Like, off the bed.

My eyes shot open in surprise, when I felt my limp body hit the grundgy floor of this random motel. I landed on my side, with my nails digging into the carpet and my mouth open wide, displaying an "O" shape in my lips. I blinked my eyes a few time to focus them out, and for a few moments I had no idea where I was. By the when realization that flooded over me after this uncertainty left, it was plain to see I was in the same room I fell asleep in just last night.

I furrowed my eyebrows while I stared at the ground, my drowsy self saying "what the hell?". I don't think I've ever physically fallen off a bed before, but now I stand corrected. I sat up and rubbed my temples, starting to chuckle at my faulty actions. I stretched my legs out as well, yawning to myself. I glanced up from where I sat, focusing on the top of the side edge of the bed. The first thing I saw, was one wrist draped over the edge, with a limp and rather large hand hanging off as well. Long fingers were slightly curled towards his palm. His fingers were extremely long, I'll give him that.

As my ears woke up as well, I began to hear the not-so-faint sounds of him snoring. I wouldn't have ever thought of him as one to snore...but it was very loud. I'm actually surprised that I didn't hear it during the night, because it was the loudest sets of snores I've ever heard in my life. I finally got up off the floor, and gazed upon the ruffled white sheets on the queen-sized bed.

Ashton layed there, completely sprawled out over the entire thing. One of his bare feet was at the bottom left corner, with one of his hands at the top right. His other leg was bent up to his chest, his face was half-way burried into a pillow, and he still wore his t-shirt and skinny jeans from last night. His eyes were gently shut, his mouth was only half open, and his hair was a matted mess of soft brown curls.

I ended up staring at Ashton for a good 5 minutes, mesmerized. I know, how quick of me to go from hating him to thinking about how peaceful he looked while asleep, but I couldn't help it. As I watched him sleep (I really wish that didn't sound creepy, but oh well), I realized how much different it was from when he's awake. When he's conscious, he's got a mean look him; he's intimidating, and so uptight in his muscles like he's waiting for someone to jump out and attack him. But when he's sleeping...I don't know. He looks gentle; he looks relaxed and careful, like there wasn't a worry or insult left in him. It was amazing.

I know I shouldn't watch him sleep, and I know the snoring was almost unbearable...and I know I'm supposed to hate him like in the movies because he's a jerk, but I just couldn't. Well, at least not now, because he was just so angelic and composed. And with everything he rambled about last night, I sure as hell know that there is a part of him that's sweet and caring. Deep down there is that someone in him, and just need to wait until it finally comes out. I just pray that it's sooner, rather than later.