S E V E N T E E N ~ "You'll love it."

This chapter is dedicated to @savana_18 for commenting and following me :) Thank you so much!

••••

The car is silent as we drive down the motorway, barely any cars near us. Street light flash in and out, illuminating the car for short bursts of time.

Axel and Rob sit in the front of the car whilst Emma and I sit in the back, closely huddled together.

After I found Emma, both Axel and Rob turned up and we all went back to my dorm room. To which, Emma decided she needed some time away and wanted to go home.

So, of course, we all agreed with her and piled into Rob's car.

Emma's house is just over an hour away and we're quickly approaching it due to the quiet streets.

"I'm just so sorry this has happened to you." I whisper for the millionth time.

I know it's not my fault, but damn I feel guilty for not noticing anything suspicious.

Apparently Emma was getting close to this guy from her course at university and they went on a few dates.

Which explains why she kept being late and disappearing.

So when he turned up drunk at her work, he asked her outside which raised no alarm to Emma as she thought he just wanted a lift home. But he then proceeded to pin her to the wall and try to take her clothes off.

She won't even tell us who did it.

She's got the cuts and bruises to prove it, but I can't look at them because every time I do, I nearly break down into tears again.

"It's not your fault, Sky. It's fine." Emma mumbles as she rests her head on my shoulder.

"It isn't yours either." I insist sternly, not allowing my best friend to feel guilty over what just happened.

"Yeah," Emma sighs. "I just feel like I could've done something you know? And now I'm running away to my parents when nothing actually happened."

"This is not your fault. You went through something traumatising and you deserve to recover." I insist.

"Yeah, okay. I just feel like I'm being dramatic." She offers me a sad smile and I pull her in closer to me.

"If you were being dramatic, why would all three of us be driving right now?"  I explain. "You deserve this time to rest, Em. You really do."

The car slowly pulls up to Emma's parents house. Emma's parents immediately rush over and engulf her in a hug.

"Thank god you're okay!" Emma's mum exclaims.

"Let's get you inside, it's freezing  here."

Before she goes in, Emma quickly hugs Axel and Rob with one arm before coming over and standing in front of me.

I immediately reach out and hug her for the millionth time today because that's all I can do.

I've never felt so helpless in my life.

Pulling away, I wipe away her tears and give out a laugh. "I'll see you in a week."

"I know, I feel like I'm going to prison." She whispers, looking at her Mum and Dad who stand there watching us expectantly.

"You'll love it." I smile and Emma laughs for the first time today.

"I love you so much." I whisper as she sends me a sad smile.