F O R T Y T W O - "Thank you."

This chapter is dedicated to @TheQueenAurora for voting and commenting! Thank you :)

••••

You never know when the moment will happen, the moment everything you've ever wanted will come true. The moment that you know will change your life and suddenly the hours and hours you've poured into whatever it is suddenly seem like a blink of an eye.

The moment that makes you feel like you're on top of the world is unpredictable and you never think about it until it happens to you.

It's happening to me right now.

Sweat drips down my face, my heart pumps harder and my legs move faster. With a countdown on the music, that I know by heart, exhilaration feels like it's flooding through my body like a floodlight on a winter's night.

Bright and surging, I know this is my moment. The girls around me complete their moves in perfect form and I copy. With five seconds left, every once of control in my body is restricting me from beaming.

The music comes to a close and I physically feel myself deflate as the tension of this dance leaves me. Gathering in a group hug in the middle of the floor, I hope my joy radiates to show how perfectly our dance went.

Like waking up from a deep sleep, noise very slowly comes back to me. The applause of the crowd unleashes a fire inside of my body, and a sense of knowing is suddenly unlocked inside of me.

I was made to dance and I won't let anything come in the way of that.

Knowing we'e on a strict schedule, my team and I rush off of the floor. Hugging backstage, I almost tackle Brooke when I see her.

"You were insane!" I shout over the noise, hugging her.

"Me? You did it with a recovering arm! Ugh, I am so proud of you." She laughs.

Pulling back from our hug I shake my had with a grin on my face. "You sound like my parents. But who cares because we crushed that!" I laugh.

My other teammates hear me and let out a cheer, my joyous mood obviously not just being experienced by me. The hugs are sloppy and the words are quick - our excitement affecting every single movement of our bodies to the point that we cannot physically stay still.

We're forced to when the next team comes on. Blossom's team.

I don't even need to think about it, I know I'm going to need support to get through this. So, I sneak my way back through the crowd to go and sit beside Rob, Emma and Axel.

When I approach them, their faces all light up in sync and my heart beats wildly at the realisation that I've made someone else happy by doing what I love.

"You were incredible!" Emma shouts as she launches herself at me for a hug. I return it immediately.

"Seriously so cool. You have to show me how to do that twisty thing, Cupcake!" Rob suggests, beaming at me.

Breaking away from my two friends, I come to a stop in front of Axel. Instantaneously, he wraps his arms around my waist, bringing me closer to him. Squeezing me tight, my feet momentarily lift the ground before he puts me back down to whisper, "I'm so proud of you."

"Thank you." I say, before placing both hands on his cheeks and giving him a quick kiss.

Our celebrations are cut short however, when the next team walks onto the stage.

Dressed in the same outfits as the last three years with the same cliche group of girls who have not an ounce of originality in them - I'm suddenly curious to why I was ever considering joining that team. There's nothing new or exciting to their team and anyway, I don't belong there, I belong with my girls.