F O R T Y F O U R - "That's debatable."

This chapter is dedicated to @wonder_s for voting and commenting! Thank you so much!

••••

The stress was immediate, but the
idea of his reaction and appreciation dragged me through the more than stressful morning.

Axel's birthday.

After waking up, Rob and I immediately went into planning mode. Axel had training this morning and so, after careful planning, we rushed over. Using the key he gave me just in case (my hearts melts every time I think of this) we got in easily and started setting up.

Axel's Mom confirmed she was coming, as well as his Aunt and Uncle. I also invited Axel's main friends and I was now feeling the pressure on delivering this party.

It's not like anyone is putting any pressure on me to deliver, but I want this to go well. He deserves a nice birthday and I plan on succeeding in giving it to him tonight.

Later on, I left Rob and Emma doing the last decorations on his apartment to go and meet Axel outside of the football stadium.

"Hey, I didn't know you were coming." He greets, wrapping an arm round my waist and planting a soft kiss on my lips.

Keeping my hands on his broad shoulders, I grin and murmur, "Happy birthday."

Axel smiles in return and murmurs a quiet thank you before kissing me once more. Grabbing his hand, I start walking and he follows along beside me without any question.

"You up for some birthday waffles?" I ask, turning my head to see him already looking at me.

"One-hundred percent." He smiles and we set off, our conversation quickly passing the time until we arrive at the cafe.

Despite the aura of calm around me, my mind still continually turns with the possibilities of what's going to happen tonight and I know all I can do is hope for the best.

••••

"You are so making that up!" I laugh, my stomach starting to hurt.

"I'm not! I swear if you go into Rob's wardrobe, you will find a golf outfit." Axel protests back.

"He said he got rid of it once he discovered glitter!" I laugh.

"No, saw it the other day," Axel smiles, shaking his head at his best friend. "Honestly his closet should be classed as a hazard - the amount of bright colours in there is insane."

"You're just saying that because all you wear is black and white." I remind him.

"I'm classic." Axel states smugly, shrugging his shoulders in defeat at my words - knowing that I'm right.

Sat in the waffle place, our plates are wiped clean. They were drool-worthy and I've made a mental note to bring Emma with me next time, knowing her sweet-tooth would love them.

"You ready to go?" Axel asks. "I need to drop this bag at my place and then we could go to yours if you want."

Show time. Plastering on a fake smile I pray that Axel can't see through my smile and spot my nerves.

"I've got a better idea." I say, my words stumbling out quickly.

Knowing that my plan is about to be put into action, I stand up and offer Axel my hand. He takes it easily and stands up beside me, but sends me a questioning look.

"I may have planned a birthday surprise." I say simply, walking out of the cafe after leaving money on the table.

Axel squeezes my hand and then turns to me with a boyish smile, "Oh yeah?" He asks. "What is it?"