B O N U S C H A P T E R 1

Long time no see, guys! It's good to be back, I've missed writing about Axel and Skylar.

This chapter is to celebrate hitting one million reads!! I don't think it's hit me yet - I seem to be in a constant state of wonderment. Either way, I wanted to thank you guys for making this book come this far!

To do this, I've created a bonus chapter for you guys, I hope you enjoy it :)

••••

The sunlight streams into the open room, ricocheting against the walls and making the satin covering my body glimmer with a pink hue. The room was a muddle of forced calmness, nobody wanting to disrupt anything on my day.

Our day.

Axel and I's wedding.

Sitting in the make-up chair, the make-up artists touch is  light as she sweeps on my make-up. My Mom, Emma, Brooke and Axel's Mom are sharing stories in the background, but I tune them all out because I know I've heard them all before.

Three years with Axel. Three years of laughter, memories and time that we've spent together and I've loved every moment of it. He proposed nine months ago and in that time we've planned the wedding of our dreams, although admittedly it's been mainly Emma, my Mom and I.

The spring weather of Wisconsin was a comfortable eighteen degrees with the sun shining but the manageable temperature meant I wasn't going to pass out in my dress later on.

With one last touch across my cheekbones, my make-up artist steps back with a smile on her face as she hands me a mirror.

My eyes are smokey, more daring than my usual make-up, and my lips are a matte nude, lined to make them look more plump than they actually are.

"Thank you so much, I love it!" I practically squeal, my excitement rising yet another level.

"Not at all, Skylar. It was an honor." She smiles as she begins to pack up her equipment, already done with the other two bridesmaids.

Her words remind me of Axel's high status throughout the sporting world. However, he remains to be the same playful, kind and sarcastic man met three years ago - so I've got no complaints about the attention he's receiving. Until he gets to cocky, then I have to knock him down a few pegs. Just a few.

"Oh honey, you look stunning." My Mom gushes, covering her mouth with her hands as her eyes become misty with tears.

"Thank you." I blush, looking down at the floor.

A knock on the door interrupts anymore talking and when Rob's voice calls out, I go over to answer it.

"Don't open the door, I want to be just as surprised as Axel." He reasons.

I laugh at Rob's usual dramatic flare. "You know, that's usually just for the husband-to-be."

"Yeah, well, I don't care." Rob scoffs "I'm here because Axel wants to tell you that he's getting, quote, antsy with waiting for you so if you could just walk down the aisle to see him that would be great."

"It's still twenty minutes until the ceremony starts." I laugh.

I can picture Rob shrugging on the other side of the door as he says, "Only the messenger, Cupcake. Ain't got nothing else to say."

"Tell him I'm hurrying. I've just got to get my dress on." I say, turning to look over my shoulder to see everyone looking wide eyed at me.

"Okay, see you soon, Cupcake. Damn, I'm excited." Rob mutters, before his footsteps trail away.